Game 8; Welcome Back

I'm hoping eveyone had a great holiday season. Let's get back at it!!!

This is the confirmed list as of right now...I will update this list as new names are added.

STR82ACE - Seat Reserved - 2005-12-28 06:39:56
EElliott - Seat Reserved - 2005-12-28 07:28:58
BigChrisEl - Seat Reserved - 2005-12-28 10:04:45
Pkrfce9 - Seat Reserved - 2006-01-02 08:22:48
Derksen - Seat Reserved - 2006-01-02 11:07:15
JHJ - Seat Reserved - 2006-01-02 11:17:10
Long - Seat Reserved Confirmed - 2006-1-03 08:00
Jailbird - Seat Reserved - 2006-01-03 23:48:41
Numbers - Seat Reserved - 2006-01-05 13:36:49
BusDriver - Seat Reserved - 2006-01-05 14:35:04

Looks like we will have a good turnout for this event. Remember, if you haven't got your minimum four games in, you are running out of time to qualify for the final Tournament of Champions.

AJ

Comments

• I think this would be a good game for all of you that got poker books for Christmas to try out the some of tips learned in them.
  • We WILL be using the new 14gr tri-colour chips I got from my stepson from now on. SWEET CHIP!!! :D

And I have been reading Phil Gordon's Little Green Book since I found it in my stocking, so hopefully THIS time I won't CHUMP OUT :rage:

Still have lots of room for anyone else interested in joining in. Approx 7 seats currently open, and with the usual last minute rush, I suspect we can handle about three new players, so if you've been thinking about coming to a game, come on out and join us.
  • STR82ACE wrote:
    And I have been reading Phil Gordon's Little Green Book since I found it in my stocking, so hopefully THIS time I won't CHUMP OUT :rage:
    Oh crap! There are some nuggets in there. Let's see if you find them...
  • Oddly enough, no Greg 23:15 reference yet :(

I was POSITIVE Phil would have mentioned it by Chapter 7 :D
  • STR82ACE wrote:

Wasn't Phil Gordon the original CHUMP?
  • Maybe...

BUT HE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT IT! Gotta be something I can learn from it, right??
  • I'm hoping I will be there, wont know until wednesday night though, but it defintely would be nice to have the defending champ there :D
  • Let me know when you find out JBird.

Defending Champ or not, either way, bracelet MUST be here for the game or it's -50 points.

'Deems da Rules.
  • STR82ACE wrote:
    so hopefully THIS time I won't CHUMP OUT :rage:

Just remember: If the board shows a possible straight and a player is counting five fingers before making a pot sized bet, fold your over pair.
  • Sheesh...what a way to end 2005!! Ugly :rage:
  • I have to skip out on this one too, sorry guys.... I have just changed my RSVP status.... This is not good :'(...
    But I will see you all next week, for now good luck everyone!!!
    As for the book, it is a good one... I have read it and it all make sense but I cannot figure out why I'm the biggest :fish: of this league??? Whining about it doesn't help either, does it???

Well, as I said before you will all get a chance to snatch my money next week...

Have a good one,
    K :c:
  • Sorry you can't make it Kris. But I'm sure we will take your money next week all the same :D

If you haven't RSVP already, please do so soon. Helps me in getting things setup in time, like tables, chairs, chips, and setting up Tournament Director in time. Thanks.
    AJ
  • I hate to pass up so much +EV, but I will not be able to attend this time.
  • Thanks for the heads up Hork.

Odd, haven't heard a word from TheBusDriver or Chris H recently either, but I'm still expecting at least one more person to respond. Should still be at least one full table though.

AJ
  • I sure hope we get a full table! I've been looking forward to this all week...haven't played a live game since the last Thursday game.
  • As of right now, there will be almost a full 10man table. Still waiting to hear from a couple of others, but MOST of the diehards are going to be there tonight.
  • Finally heard from TheBusDriver...he's IN as well. That makes a nice full table. If anymore last minute players want to join, let me know ASAP and I will have the second table up as well.

See you all tonight.
    AJ