Name a game of your own invention

Alright

In this thread, tell the forum about a poker game that you or your group have invented. Hopefully with a lot of contributions, you can wow at your next home game, by calling a bunch of new games your buddies have never even heard of, and while they are simultaneously dazzled by your creativity and wowed by all the excitement, you can proceed to WTFP!

I'll go first:

ADAM'S SPECIAL

You know, I am not really sure if my buddy invented this, like he said he did, but because I have never seen anyone else play this game before, I am gonna put it down.

This game works best 5 handed, although 6 is doable too. It is a pot-match game, meaning, you are not betting against the other players, you are betting against the pot, like in Guts, or In Between.

Everyone antes a sizeable amount to start and then you deal each person 1 card. On the first round, only the 1st player to your left can bet (on the second round, only the 2nd player from your left can bet, and so on...) You want the highest possible card here - Ace of Spades, but obviously you can bet with anything you want. You can also bet any amount - against the pot. So you can bet the entire pot, half the pot, or a small portion, or you can pass.

If you make a bet, then the player next to you, as well as all the other players, can challenge you on the bet, that their card beats yours. At this point, whoever wished to bet must declare so, you cannot wait until after someone has won or lost. Once all the declarations are made, those people will privately exchange their cards. If the bettor wins, he takes his won bet from the caller. If the caller wins, the bettor must pay the caller, AND THEN PAY THE POT the same amount. This means that if you make a pot bet, and then get called and beated by three guys, you are in deep, having to pay out 4 times the bet.

If the player passes, nobody else can bet on the first card. The dealer than adds a second card, and the process begins again, but this time only the second player can bet. This will happen for 5 rounds. If after 5 rounds, there is still money in the pot, you pass the deck to the left and start all over from the beginning.

This game can go on for 10 seconds, or for an hour. Obviously, the larger the pot, the more scared people are to bet, and the more people try to bluff. It is a game that gets nutty, and sometimes out of control. A good suggestion is to make sure that whoever makes a large pot bet, has enough money on him to cover the chances of getting sent by a few guys.

Comments

• I invented the game "Strip Poker". Meant to be played with an all girl opposition...
  • I invented the game "Strip Poker". Meant to be played with an all girl opposition...
    very nice H! very nice! :mrgreen:
  • I was thinking about starting up a strip poker tournament next year at school. Didn't know if I should invite you guys from the forum of not :shock:
  • Texas Holdem Roll Your Own.

Exactly the same as Texas holdem, except after the river betting is complete, all players reveal one hole card of their own choosing. Then there is another betting round which is 2 times the big bet (if you are playing it in limit form).

ScottyZ
  • I was thinking about starting up a strip poker tournament next year at school. Didn't know if I should invite you guys from the forum of not :shock:

LMAO :lol:

EVIL :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    Texas Holdem Roll Your Own.

Exactly the same as Texas holdem, except after the river betting is complete, all players reveal one hole card of their own choosing. Then there is another betting round which is 2 times the big bet (if you are playing it in limit form).

ScottyZ

That actually sounds pretty fun to play.
  • Pot-limit draw poker with two draws.

No-one plays this, but they should -- it is an excellent game for bluffing.

Make the deuces bugs if you like -- if you're playing for peanuts with the folks.
  • double flop lunatic:

Like pineapple because you get 3 cards. The "lunatic" part is that everyone discards face up and there are 2 flops.

OR

Lunatic pineapple where you just discard face up...the name crazy pineapple was already taken.
  • sloth wrote:
    double flop lunatic:

Like pineapple because you get 3 cards. The "lunatic" part is that everyone discards face up and there are 2 flops.

OR

Lunatic pineapple where you just discard face up...the name crazy pineapple was already taken.

I dunno. I liked the double flop pot limit omaha.

Keith
  • INDIAN POKER (not sure if this has been invented or not)

Each player antes then recives one card and they do not look at it. At the same time, players put their card on their forehead facing the other players and betting commences to the left of the dealer. After all bets have been called, player lay down their cards and high car wins.

Great to play with drunk people, so much fun.
  • Snoman wrote:
    INDIAN POKER (not sure if this has been invented or not)

Each player antes then recives one card and they do not look at it. At the same time, players put their card on their forehead facing the other players and betting commences to the left of the dealer. After all bets have been called, player lay down their cards and high car wins.

Great to play with drunk people, so much fun.

Isn't it great how a lot of simple things seem awesome when you're drinking :lol:
  • From sloth...

Can we play this at your home game? :)
  • We play a flop game called Toukas Poker. Players are dealt 5 cards and there are three flops of 2 cards, each flop dealt "below" the previous flop. You end up with 6 open cards in three rows of two across. You can use either three out of your hand if you play a two card flop across, or two out of your hand if you play a three card flop vertically.
    Hope I explained it right.

Sasquatch
  • Not my invention but, a great game I heard of and have played now. Tahoe, it was found in the USA. Played exactlly like holdem, BUT you get 3 cards in your hand. And you can use 1,2,or3. So now if you have 3 diamonds in your hand and 2 flop, you have a flush. Maybe even two flushes are possible on the turn.
    Great game for home games. Can even be played 8/better for added fun.
  • A version of Anaconda I like to call "Screw your self"

This is a High/Low split pot with the best low being 2,3,4,5,7 (a busted straight). Aces are high only except when used in a wheel (A,2,3,4,5)

7 Cards are dealt to all Players

You then proceed to pass 1 card to the player to your left and recieve on card from the player to your right.

You then pass 2 cards to your left and recieve 2 cards from the player on your right

The final pass is 3 cards to your left (Leaving you with 4 in your hand, thus forcing you to break up a perfect low or a high boat) and you recieve 3 cards from the player on the right.

Discard 2 cards face down into the Muck (leaving you with 5)

You then arrange the cards in the order that you wish to show them on the table in front of you.

Then you roll the top card over and bet (high hand always starts the bet), Roll your second card over and bet. This happens until four of your five cards are exposed.

All players still playing declare if they are going for High hand or Low hand (you cannot go for both). There is one more betting round, follwed by the showdown Highest hand and lowest hand split the pot.