It's just amazing ...

I flop trips, someone gets a full house on the river.

I flop a straight, someone gets a flush on the river.

I get AK, board shows nothing above a 7.

I get 34, board shows nothing below a 10.

I play with "solid" cards and get beat by an 83 (cause the 3 paired of course).

*throws hands up*

whatever.

Comments

• I flop trips, someone gets a full house on the river.

Umm, wouldn't you be the one getting a full house (unless you got quads) on the river if you flopped trips and the board paired on the river?

I get 34, board shows nothing below a 10.

I play with "solid" cards and get beat by an 83 (cause the 3 paired of course).

Well, 38 dominates solid cards like 34  :D

In the long run better hands win.  If you don't believe it just become a member of the online poker is rigged/doom switch club :)

Better luck.
  • of course ... I post the first message and THE VERY NEXT HAND the following happens ... (is this supposed to make up for everything? I think not) (I'm GrammaSteve)

Dealt to GrammaSteve [ Tc 6c ]
    GrammaSteve checks.
    eggbert33 folds.
    Rmackey checks.
    sh8y_luck folds.
    capecod123 calls [$0.15].
    J_CNote checks.
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 7c, Kc, 8d ]
    capecod123 checks.
    J_CNote checks.
    GrammaSteve bets [$1].
    Rmackey folds.
    capecod123 calls [$1].
    J_CNote folds.
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ Jh ]
    capecod123 checks.
    GrammaSteve checks.
    ** Dealing River ** [ 9c ]
    capecod123 bets [$2].
    GrammaSteve is all-In [$8.75]
    capecod123 calls [$6.75].
    capecod123 shows [ Th, 9d ] a straight, seven to jack.
    GrammaSteve shows [ Tc, 6c ] a flush, king high.
    GrammaSteve wins $19.50 from the main pot with a flush, king high.

Ok, so I can do my "HA!" dance and watch for the other guy's post saying, "It's just amazing ..."
  • Monteroy wrote:
    In the long run better hands win. If you don't believe it just become a member of the online poker is rigged/doom switch club :)

Nah, I'm just a lifetime member of the "I suk at teh cards" club. Gold status don't you know.

:)
  • Did I read the HH correct and you were UTG with T6s?  Well that will explain tons.

Eveyrone takes it prison style playing good  cards.  What happens to some is that they start playing hands like T6s utg.  You won't remember all the bets you leaked playing crappy hands, but you will remember how the good hands got beat.  The reality is that if you don't play the crappy hands in bad position and play solid poker, the bad beats are just bumps along the way.  If you have leaks, the the bad beats are  the potholes which make the tires come off.

Have a great Christmas.  I miss playing with you guys.

Magi
  • magithighs wrote:
    Did I read the HH correct and you were UTG with T6s? Well that will explain tons.

I got delt the 2 clubs, there was 2 clubs on the flop so I thought I would make a bet to chase out anyone that might have stuck around with a check and if I got another club then I would have been ok with the raise.

Club didn't hit the turn so I checked. So did the other guy.

Club came on the river so I made the best angry bet I could and my flush held.

What should I have done different? It seems that when I play the "good" hands, nothing much happens. I play the odd crap hand and it works out.

Cheers

• What should I have done different? It seems that when I play the "good" hands, nothing much happens. I play the odd crap hand and it works out.

The more hands you play, the more pots you will win. Also, the more money you will lose. Funny, that...
  • magithighs wrote:
    The reality is that if you don't play the crappy hands in bad position and play solid poker, the bad beats are just bumps along the way.  If you have leaks, the the bad beats are  the potholes which make the tires come off.

I felt the same way last night, rivered out of a number of SnG's.  However, when I went back through the hand histories, I noticed quite a few mis-steps which set me up to fail (even with the best hand).  Basically, I felt "cursed" after I played, but "dumb" after I studied my play.  I think Lou's comment is bang-on, at least for me :)
  • Did I read the HH correct and you were UTG with T6s? Well that will explain tons.

Not really - he checked so I guess he posted under the gun (which is a bit silly though its only 0.25).