Player Notes

When you write notes, what do you typically write about a player? Also, how many players do you normally have notes on when you play?

Comments

• I tend to write important stuff..... like MANIAC or Very tight.... try to put in their VPIP especially if they are at the extreme end. Nothing better than flopping a set and knowing the dude across the table will bet all the way to the river with small pair or A high..... but sometimes even maniacs catch good hands.....
  • FCP - free card play, so I can discount their future raises if 2 to the flush or a straight draw falls. I note the maniacs and the bluffers too.
  • I usually note things like "F*CKWAD!!! Owes me $12.50 for running down my :kd :ks with :kh :9c and going perfect-perfect for the club flush" or "ASSF*CKER..owes me $13.30. STUPID ass called a $6.65  all in preflop with J-2 off"

LOL
  • Picked this one up in Vegas - sofa king.

As in sofa king lucky!!!
  • If running pokertracker, I will put in their rating in PT, ie TP-P or LA-A, etc. I find that I may not notice a person is playing 35% of their hands or raising preflop 20% until long after PT does. I will also put in personal notes such as "Plays any ace", or "frequently tries to steal". I must admit that I also have a few like the ones that 13Cards uses, but without the asterisks.. ;-)
  • I find it hand to watch what bets players will fold to.

Some players seem to find a mental number that wont bet unless they have hit hard.

This helps for 2 reasons - 1. You can grab a lot of pots.
    2. If they have hit hard you know it.

This is most effective when their max is relatively low. Say 3-4x the BB. You can grab a lot of pots.

If they only fire back 1 in 5 you are way ahead - with the added bonus of find out early they have a good hand.