NL Fun (silly post)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• I'd agree that 6 handed games are the way to go. They've been more profitable for me and a heck of a lot more fun. More hands+More money=More fun. You silly guy.

stp

• Ok I'm a donkey, but I figured I needed to fold or raise all-in.

I think I just call, your raise will not get your opponent to fold his K. Plus I get to see his cards.
  • Do you find you get weaker players at a 6 person game?

Possibley because newbies would see this as easier - less players to mark??

I havent played these yet. I like the 10 player ones - because you increase the number of fish at the table - also with 9 other players i find you can use the same moves repeatedly because most ppl dont pay attention - or 10 ppl creates shorter term memory.

With only 6 I would think that getting a good read on the table - even as a newer player wouldnt be difficult?

So my question is - what are the advantages you feel you get playing 6 handed?

Maybe its time for me to make a switch!
  • wader wrote:
    I think I just call, your raise will not get your opponent to fold his K. Plus I get to see his cards.

Good point, thanks Wader.
    So my question is - what are the advantages you feel you get playing 6 handed?

Well my 6 handed table experience is pretty much limited to limit .50/1.00. (and even that is limited).
    What made me give it a shot was the speed of play. Full table doesn't have high speed tables at Pokerstars and the pace is brutal.
    So far I would say that players at the full tables and short handed ones are equally bad. Shorthanded seems more aggressive preflop with players going into major calling station mode post flop. Many players just can't lay them down, even A or K high hands. Incredible. So far from what I can tell if you can play solid post flop, knowing when you are behind and rarely bluffling it can be profitable. You have to loosen it up preflop as well, I like to raise or fold. I rarely play a pot that has been raised in front of me and if I do I re-raise. I think my PFR% is something like 21 so far (small sample mind you).
    Give it a try, its a blast but your chip stack moves up and down much quicker then the full table games.