WPT Shooting Star Season 3

I watched this final table last night. What a freak show.
The eventual winner, Danny Nguyen, sucked out to knock or cripple everyone at the table. He made some of the worst calls and bluffs ever and hit each time.

Example. He pushes with A7 and gets called by AK.
Flop 5K5.
Turn 7
River 7

Another one..Calls an all in with 3 4 to a K4.

Hits the 3 on the river.

Unreal. Good to watch though.

Comments

• Ya, I thought Mike Sexton was going to blow his load on that A7 hand.

The Canadian that went heads up against him really blew his chances with that big all in the second-last hand shown.
  • Yeah the Doctor really did blow it, but I understand the call. Danny was playing crazy going all in with nothing so often. He had a lot of outs to take the pot. Bad call but I understand it.

It's shows like this that make the internet so profitable.
  • It was hard to watch all those bad beats, but I enjoyed watching Gus, and have a new respect for him.  His "unique" style gets some bad press about suck-outs and bad cards, etc. - but he showed last night that he can adapt and play a different style when necessary.  I still prefer watching his normal "car wreck waiting to happen" approach, but give him credit for some skill.
  • That was probably the most frustrating game I've ever seen. Really entertaining TV, but man, Danny Nyugen's suck-outs were unbelievable. Was like playing in an online freeroll. What, if any, is the best defense against this type of player ......... the uber-maniac.
  • What blows my mind is how that guy even got to the final table? I thought the guy that laid down the AJ to his limp reraise allin with A7 was a pretty horrid fold given how reckless the guy was. Can't remember the exact stack sizes though. The hand that sticks out in my mind of poorly played hands was the hand he limped 43o headsup on the button (the limp isn't that bad). The short stack then goes allin and he calls! (I don't really remember stack sizes exactly, but it wasn't to the point he was justified calling with any 2 (at least I don't think it was). I can't understand what the guy was thinking. If he wants to get all his chips in on the short stack, fine - just push. Otherwise I think limp and fold to the allin raise is proper (if you're going to limp it). How limp/call with that hand can anywhere close to the right line is beyond me. Hell, folding the SB is probably better. The other hand that stuck out was when the "Doctor" who appeared to be a rock from the coverage made a smallish raise in EP with KK, and he comes allin over the top of him with KTs (both had fairly decent stacks I think at that point).
  • It was sick. His bad beats he put on people were nuts.

He also knocked out Men Nguyen when his JJ went up against Men's QQ. Of course not only does he hit his Jack on the turn but gets the fourth on the river as well.

I really hated the way he chomped on his gum the most. That would annoy me more than the runner runner beats.
  • What about when he had 34off and called a 100K bet from gus with the board A2x. Although firing on the turn was a nice move, of course he hit his 5 on the river. What I hated most about this play was the way he threw down his hand. Like he knew it was going to hit! Friggin Lee.

stp
  • Ya, forgot about that beauty, and then he checks the river to boot when he makes his hand... Felt bad for gus, he made a great call on the turn...
  • anyone have a torrent link to this one? for some reason i never saw this one in the past and i caught the first half then had to run to work