Various games

I just started playing this past fall. Started with micro limit, and am now playing small stakes limit. But I also enjoy playing SNG's, and MTT's. I've dabbled in NL ring games, but don't feel as comfortable (i.e. tend to play scared/timid).

I suppose my favourite game is any sort of tournament.

Is there anything wrong or harmful with jumping back and forth between the various games, when you are still a relative beginner? Currently, I play limit for 1-2 hours a night during the week. The its SNG's and one MTT on the weekend.

I'm a winning limit player (so far, lol). I do well in the SNG's, but don't have my stats for ITM or ROI (will start keeping records in the new year).

Any harm in playing this way? I'm still learning (and hope I still say that 20 years from now).

BTW - am on this forum a lot, and twoplustwo even more so. Have read and reread Jones LHE, Millers GSIH and SSHE, and HOH 1 and 2.

Comments

• There's no harm. Each of the games have the same poker fundamentals that carry over between them. Strengthen your basics and you should be able to adapt to whatever game you're playing.

Actually, this probably will be a help to strengthen your game as you'll get more practice making adjustments. If you get accustomed to making adjustments based on the type of game you're in, then you will be able to apply it to your 'main' game when table conditions change.
  • I find a bit of variety to be a good change of pace. If you're not having fun playing, then you probably won't be playing your best poker. I tend to find myself playing micro-limit Omaha H/L when I need a tilt break from HE after running into a few bad beats...
  • ScoobyD wrote:
    I find a bit of variety to be a good change of pace. If you're not having fun playing, then you probably won't be playing your best poker. I tend to find myself playing micro-limit Omaha H/L when I need a tilt break from HE after running into a few bad beats...

Funny you mention that. I've been playing to play around with omaha (with play money). I have only ever played hold em, but the games like omaha and crazy pineapple look fun. As you said, a bit of a break.