GBH Tournament of Champions

Hi All,

GBH year ending CPT Tournament of Champions event was held yesterday, winner Sam Z. repeated becoming the first back to back T of C champion. He won just under $36K and the 14K gold bracelet (he commented that he is running out of wrists for future bracelets) total prize pool was pennies under $80K. Saw 2 Forum members playing and one of our members made it to the final table, well done Bill. Time to take a few days off and get ready for next year, registration for all 2006 Tournaments opens on Dec. 16th @ 09:00. Players may register either in person or by telephone (1.888.294.3766 ext. 263) but please note: only telephone registrants may use credit cards (Visa & Mastercard) to pay for registration. Wishing everyone the very best of the season and a very healthy, happy and prosperous New Year.

Cheers,

Lee

Comments

• GBHShftMgr wrote:
    Hi All,

Players may register either in person or by telephone (1.888.294.3766 ext. 263) but please note: only telephone registrants may use credit cards (Visa & Mastercard) to pay for registration. 
    Lee
    That is great news, thanks Lee!

It was great that you guys had food out for the tourney players all day. It makes things easier for us during the breaks.
  • Well done Bill, Where did you finnish?
  • Dead Money wrote:
    Well done Bill, Where did you finnish?

10th.
    I am at 42,000 chips, blinds are 4,000/8,000.
    There are 5 stacks similar or less then mine. (Only 520,000 chips in play) Bingo time.
    6th to 10th place all pay $1597.
    I am looking to double up very soon.

3rd hand in I am on the button.
    UTG pushed for 48,000.
    Folded around to me. I look down at AJo. I call.
    SB & BB both fold.
    Utg shows Q3o.
    Flop: xxx nice.
    Turn: 3
    River: 3

I can't really complain though. The cards were cold for me all day so I was able to pick my spots and take down pots without much confrontation.
    I probably only hand to show my had down 4-5 times.

How was Rama the next day for you?
  • I did better the next day, but busted out short of the final table. I took the chance with AKs against what I thought was a pair of 8s. He had 9s and I didn't improve.

I did not win one race when I was behind.

All in all I played much better the next day.