IM GONNA SNAP

I need some major advice guys ,In the 1st 6months of this year I made 10k on poker stars.Ok now in done bragging ,in the past 3months am down 2k for a total profit of 8k but i cannot handle the fact that i havent been able to beat a .50-1$ game on poker stars for 3months ,i have taken about the past 3 weeks off,and just played once a week at the GBH doing ok making a bit playin 10-20.So this sunday I started back on stars.By yesterday am i was up 500$ perfect ,the break paid off right ,wrong. I started the day by winning 2entries into the sun. $215 then ,then some guy doesnt raise his kk preflop i flop 2pair with a king on the flop and u no the rest of the story.I hate bad b. stories so i wont go into all the dumb details but I am really stressed about the situation.Poker has became a huge part of my life in the past 3 yrs and i like to think i kinda no what im doing,but i really dont understand what is going on. During my winning streak I never came close to losing $500 in a week .And i did it in a span of about 6hrs yesterday.If any mid or high limit players have ever expereinced anything like this i would love to hear about how u dealt with it.I also find myself getting very bothered by single hands and saying ignorant stuff to the other players,whereas before i would deal with it because i new there wrong moves would bennifit me in the long wrong.
ps.sorry for these weird post but im always soooo srtessed when i post on here

Comments

• I hate bad b. stories so i wont go into all the dumb details but I am really stressed about the situation.

Uhh you had two pair and your opponent had a set.. Wheres the bad beat? You were behind the whole way.
    I also find myself getting very bothered by single hands and saying ignorant stuff to the other players,

Sounds like you are playing at stakes above your head.

Anyway, my advice to you is suck it up and don't be baby. The long run is a long run and you've got a serious dilemma. You are either very lucky to win that original 10K or you are just running bad. If you post your pokertracker stats we could probably tell you which category yer in, but you have to learn to deal with it.

Some people around here will bullshit you pretty good about almost never losing, but they either have very selective memorys or they are running very good.
    ps.sorry for these weird post but im always soooo srtessed when i post on here

Thats funny, I find I'm more stressed AFTER I post here..
  • Are you saying that you are down 2k in 3 months playing nothing more then .50/$1.00??
  • yes 2k in 3 months at.50-1$ thats basically all i play,and thats the limit i played too build my role,definately not playing over my head.But maybe i should just suck it up????
  • jrockhaf wrote:
    yes 2k in 3 months at.50-1$ thats basically all i play,and thats the limit  i played too build my role,definately not playing over my head.But maybe i should just suck it up????
    Are you playing limit or NL, cuz those numbers are staggering. How many hours/day do you play? Sucks to lose, but it's actually impressive to play enough to lose it (not much consolation).
  • I hear ya and I have no advice to give. I'm in the midst of a big downswing myself.

It's incredibly frustrating so I can sympathize.

Personally I'm taking the rest of December off.
  • First off, you can't have won 10k in 6 months playing .50-1 limit. NL maybe but you would have to be on a ridiculous variance run. By my math, assuming you're quad tabling getting in something ridiculous like 200 hands/hr and absolutely crushing the game at 3BB/100 you could make $6/hr. 10k would require you to play something ridiculous like an AVERAGE of 9+ hrs a day to win that much. Please clarify...
  • Scoob I think it is possible for 10K to be made in six months at those levels, however I don't think many people do it consistantly. I've been going through a rough slide myself at eurobet where my PT BB/100 has come down from 12 to 4 over the last 2 months. Up or down over $500 a day is more than possible. Basically he's saying he's made just over 1.6K a month which is $400 a week. Personally I think he had an extremely good run. I've never had a run last for 6 months and he's experiencing the downslide (let's just hope it's shorter). That's the great thing about poker you can make all the wrong moves at the right time and win, then make all the right moves at the wrong time and lose. Personally even if your not playing over your head move down get your head in gear (which it is not by your own admission). Once you start winning move back up. You'll see different players and your play will be different. If you can't handle the variance then play for fun or get out of poker for money.
  • OK im not hear to prove anything,starting on april 15th i had cashed out 4k from playing 3-6 limit on a daily basis with a guy u guy would no as magithighs.Feb and march i never played at all due to training for a new job,While at training i came up with the bright idea of trying nl for a bit At this time i had 1k online,On oct15th i cashed out 7k and had 4k still online .Since then i have managed to minimize my role to1808$ I have no reason to lie about what i made and am looking for people who have had thes types of situations.
  • actually playn right now if anyone want to bust someone while there running bad
  • Up or down over $500 a day is more than possible.

At .50-1 LIMIT?  Yes it's possible, but it's not possible to do that ON AVERAGE.  I don't know, but the amount of hands required to play  to win that much at that limit astounds me.  Anybody who plays that much poker scares the hell out of me (and this is coming from an acknowledged part-time poker addict). If the OP would give some details as to the number of hands played to win that much, I think people could give a better answer of whether or no that kind of win rate is sustainable.  And even IF the win rate is sustainable, I just don't see how playing that much poker is sustainable.  Hell, as bad of advice as this might be, move up limits and play less (of course this is assuming that the person is a winning player to begin with).
  • i had cashed out 4k from playing 3-6 limit on a daily basis with a guy u guy would no as magithighs.

So the $100 lesson(s) were worth it?
  • While at training i came up with the bright idea of trying nl for a bit

I'd suggest you review your Pokertracker stats and see where the bulk of your money is being lost. Limit and NL are VASTLY different games, and having good skills in one doesn't necessarily translate to the other.
  • limit and nl ar different???????????? THANX FOR THE INFO
    IF THERE IS ANY MID TO HIGH LIMIT PLAYERS THAT HAVE GONE THROUGH ANYTHING LIKE THIS I WOULD LOVE SOME USFULL ADVICE
  • jrockhaf wrote:
    While at training i came up with the bright idea of trying nl for a bit
    He's clarified it as .50/1.00 NL, so I think the numbers are perfectly feasible.
    jrockhaf wrote:
    IF THERE IS ANY MID TO HIGH LIMIT PLAYERS THAT  HAVE GONE THROUGH ANYTHING LIKE THIS I WOULD LOVE  SOME USFULL ADVICE
    I'm curious why you are looking for mid/high players, if you're having problems in .50/1.00?

Sounds like the normal dry spell, don't lose hope. And if you can continue at +10 - 2, that's still a pretty good rate, IMO.
  • THANX FOR THE INFO

You're welcome.  I think your caps lock key is stuck.

How do you expect any "useful" advice when your original post is completely lacking any specific details.  To paraphrase:

I played 3-6 limit and won a lot of money. I cashed out.

I switched to NL and initially won a lot of money. I cashed out more.

Now I'm losing lots of money playing NL.  The other day KK got cracked by 2 pair.

I won a couple tourney entries the other day.

I play 10-20 live, so I'm obviously a mid-limit player.

I can't type or spell to save my life.

What am I doing wrong?

Please only mid and high-limit players respond, since it's inconceivable for a LL player to have any concept of variance, sustainable win-rates, etc...

OK, end rant.

Seriously, if you want a serious response, provide some, hell ANY details...
  • Thats funny, I find I'm more stressed AFTER I post here..

Usually I'm not, but on occasion, damn...
  • I'd love to give you some advice, but I don't play mid to high limit, so there's obviously nothing I can tell you that you don't already know.

Tell me where you are playing, I'd love to come learn some things from you.  
  • ok i give up,the reason i put mid to high limit is so i dont have anyone telling me that there r differences between limit and nl I was hoping for someone who has played alot af poker and had experienced huge variance and swings like mine and was wondering if my swings were normal.So ill just go with that 1st response that says suck it up.
  • If you are playing .5/1 NL then losing 2K is unlikely for a winning player but defnitely possible. I don't know if you're a winning player or not because it's also possible for a losing player to go on a huge winning streak. I guess the only way to find out is to keep playing and see what happens or start posting hands here so we can see how you play then maybe we can make a better guess. EDIT: Also it sounds like you may have tilt issues given your posts here. That could make any losing streak that much worse.
  • jrockhaf wrote:
    for someone who has played alot af poker and had experienced  huge variance and swings like mine and was wondering if my swings were normal

The answer is yes