Would this crap actually work?

Playing on Party and someone advertised this in the chat window. I checked it out out of curiosity and I'm quite disgusted. I don't know if this thing does what it says it does, but I'm reporting it to Party and Stars. Anyone know if this is actually possible? I hope this program is just a scam.

http://viewcards.net/index.html

Comments

• The guy spamming should get the boot but quick. I'm sure he does and then starts up another account. They make it too easy.
    Works on ALL online poker sites, including: Party Poker, Empire Poker, Noble Poker, works with every single on-line poker table, since they all use the same process of keeping hands private. All poker software is designed by two major companies, and we have mastered their software to bring you this powerful tool.

Sounds too good to be true...
  • zero wrote:
    Anyone know if this is actually possible?

Impossible. This program would need to crack into the online cardrooms servers (because your own computer has no means of tracking opponent hole cards), crack the encryption and then get it back to you instantneously.
    Either that or simultaneously crack into all other players computers while they are playing and report it back to you in real time. Even if you loaded this onto a supercomputer ( the kind they have at MIT or NASA) you woul still not be able to decipher with the speed needed (assuming you cracked into the pokerstars or party or whatever server) to make this work.

Oh and another thing, wouldn't it be more profitable to keep it private and use it rather then trying to pimp it out in chat windows at the poker sites for 30 bucks. :fish: :D
  • Wow....you think if someone were going to scam someone out of 30$ they would set up the screenshot of their software to make some sense.
    They show a 10/20 limit game with 5 player's to the flop but only 24$
    in the pot? :D :fish:
  • Yayiwin wrote:
    Wow....you think if someone were going to scam someone out of 30$ they would set up the screenshot of their software to make some sense.
    They show a 10/20 limit game with 5 player's to the flop but only 24$
    in the pot? :D :fish:

Haha I totally missed that.
  • A good rule of thumb to follow is that any time a product is being sold for $30 that would generate millions if it actually worked generally means it will not work as expected.  Either it's a complete fraud (as this product with it's weak use of paintshop is) or it's misleading in that it has a program that will show you your opponents cards that they muck at a showdown (otherwise known as the complicated task of clicking the hand history button).  I do admit once in a while it is fun to tell people what they mucked after when they do not realize that information is available for all.

I thought Party Poker eliminated all observer chat anyways so I don't see how this product would be spammed there any more.
  • On another forum, (pocketfives? i forgot and to lazy to look) someone bought this to disclaim it. I believe wat this product is, is merely an explanation on how to check your HH's and see your opponents hand as anyone can do now.