3 Limit Hands

Take a look at these and offer any opinions.
I'll call them:
Not aggressive enough?
Too aggressvie?
Just right?

Hand#1: Not aggressive enough?

Texas Hold'em $2-$4 (real money), hand #1,567,120,127
Table Independence, 9 Dec 2005 12:38 AM

Seat 1: ailaiah ($79 in chips) 
Seat 2: walleye46 ($146 in chips) 
Seat 3: DeltaHotel_ ($190 in chips) 
Seat 6: YOUROCK3 ($162 in chips) 
Seat 7: shauneelove1 ($136.30 in chips) 
Seat 8: cdnmoose05 [AD,KD] ($135.20 in chips) 
Seat 9: ucantblufme9 ($197 in chips) 
Seat 10: smand2000 ($80 in chips) 

ANTES/BLINDS
YOUROCK3 posts blind ($1), shauneelove1 posts blind ($2).

PRE-FLOP
cdnmoose05 bets $4, ucantblufme9 folds, smand2000 folds, ailaiah folds, walleye46 folds, DeltaHotel_ folds, YOUROCK3 folds, shauneelove1 bets $4, cdnmoose05 bets $4, shauneelove1 calls $2.

FLOP [board cards AH,QS,9S ]
shauneelove1 checks, cdnmoose05 checks.

TURN [board cards AH,QS,9S,3C ]
shauneelove1 bets $4, cdnmoose05 bets $8, shauneelove1 calls $4.

RIVER [board cards AH,QS,9S,3C,AS ]
shauneelove1 bets $4, cdnmoose05 bets $8, shauneelove1 bets $8, cdnmoose05 calls $4.

SHOWDOWN
shauneelove1 shows [ 8H,AC ]
cdnmoose05 shows [ AD,KD ]
cdnmoose05 wins $55.

Shauneelove1 was very loose and agressive preflop but and frequently overplayed any pair past the flop so he could be holding anything really.  Was the check on the flop ok or should I have played it faster because of the 2 spades?  Basically I was trying to induce him to figure he was ahead and bet out on the turn. Should I have raised the river again?

Hand #2: Too aggressive?

Texas Hold'em $2-$4 (real money), hand #1,567,175,530
Table Independence, 9 Dec 2005 12:55 AM

Seat 1: teur_alert ($195 in chips) 
Seat 2: DesertShAArk ($90 in chips) 
Seat 4: fritzmouse ($99.40 in chips) 
Seat 5: Strummer77 ($145 in chips) 
Seat 6: YOUROCK3 ($136 in chips) 
Seat 7: shauneelove1 ($152.90 in chips) 
Seat 8: cdnmoose05 [AC,QD] ($160.20 in chips) 
Seat 9: ucantblufme9 ($212 in chips) 
Seat 10: smand2000 ($64 in chips) 

ANTES/BLINDS
YOUROCK3 posts blind ($1), shauneelove1 posts blind ($2).

PRE-FLOP
cdnmoose05 bets $4, ucantblufme9 folds, smand2000 folds, teur_alert folds, DesertShAArk bets $6, fritzmouse folds, Strummer77 folds, YOUROCK3 folds, shauneelove1 calls $4, cdnmoose05 bets $4, DesertShAArk calls $2, shauneelove1 calls $2.

FLOP [board cards 4C,4D,5C ]
shauneelove1 checks, cdnmoose05 bets $2, DesertShAArk bets $4, shauneelove1 calls $4, cdnmoose05 calls $2.

TURN [board cards 4C,4D,5C,2D ]
shauneelove1 checks, cdnmoose05 checks, DesertShAArk bets $4, shauneelove1 calls $4, cdnmoose05 folds.

RIVER [board cards 4C,4D,5C,2D,AS ]
shauneelove1 checks, DesertShAArk checks.

SHOWDOWN
shauneelove1 shows [ 2C,10C ]
DesertShAArk shows [ 9C,9H ]
DesertShAArk wins $43.

This hand here I am up against the same crazy loose guy shauneelove and a very solid tight aggressive player, Desertshark.  I raise UTG.  I wouldn't have reraised preflop but I missed seeing Desertshark in the hand and I thought I would punish shauneelove.  Since I was the last aggressor I bet into the raiser on the flop.  Should I have been more wary?  Did I carry this hand too far or not far enough?  You can see the crap that my new buddy shauneelove showed down on the river.  Ha ha.

Hand #3: Just right?

Texas Hold'em $1-$2 (real money), hand #1,567,234,356
Table Athens, 9 Dec 2005 01:14 AM

Seat 1: Agent Fry ($49 in chips) 
Seat 2: Ringo570 ($55.60 in chips) 
Seat 3: cdnmoose05 [QH,QC] ($115.90 in chips) 
Seat 4: cal33 ($55.60 in chips) 
Seat 5: Juvelina ($33.25 in chips) 
Seat 6: FlatlanderKB ($36.40 in chips) 
Seat 7: cad7803 ($59.55 in chips) 
Seat 8: xj98 ($55.60 in chips) 
Seat 9: per.caso ($80.85 in chips) 
Seat 10: goldenbear7 ($25.10 in chips) 

ANTES/BLINDS
FlatlanderKB posts blind ($0.50), cad7803 posts blind ($1).

PRE-FLOP
xj98 calls $1, per.caso calls $1, goldenbear7 folds, Agent Fry calls $1, Ringo570 folds, cdnmoose05 bets $2, cal33 calls $2, Juvelina folds, FlatlanderKB folds, cad7803 calls $1, xj98 calls $1, per.caso calls $1, Agent Fry calls $1.

FLOP [board cards 2H,9D,8D ]
cad7803 checks, xj98 checks, per.caso bets $1, Agent Fry bets $2, cdnmoose05 bets $3, cal33 folds, cad7803 folds, xj98 bets $4, per.caso calls $3, Agent Fry calls $2, cdnmoose05 calls $1.

TURN [board cards 2H,9D,8D,QD ]
xj98 bets $2, per.caso folds, Agent Fry folds, cdnmoose05 bets $4, xj98 calls $2.

RIVER [board cards 2H,9D,8D,QD,4S ]
xj98 checks, cdnmoose05 bets $2, xj98 calls $2.

SHOWDOWN
cdnmoose05 shows [ QH,QC ]
xj98 mucks cards [ KS,KH ]
cdnmoose05 wins $39.50.

Different table now.  No real reads on anybody so I just played this straight up.  Just your typical low limit table I guess.  I was the only raiser on the flop.  I reraised the flop right away to discourage any flush chasers but I was surprised by all the action on the flop after just the one raise (mine) preflop.  Figured I was behind at least 2pr and a flush or straight draw after it was capped.  But I made my set on the turn.  What a passive donk xj98 turned out to be - the only time he raised, he was only building the pot larger.  After capping the flop, when he only called my raise on the turn I knew he hadn't drawn out a flush on me and everyone else in between had already folded to his bet.  :D  If it wasn't heads up I probably would have just called it down.  River was a brick so I bet out again.

Comments

• HAND 1:

PREFLOP: Standard

FLOP: I hate the flop check. He likes to overplay his hand. Give him a chance to do so on this street. You arent inducing him to overplay. Hell do a good job of that all on his own if your characterization holds true.

TURN: Easy raise after a terrible flop check.

RIVER: I think your good often enough to raise here.

HAND 2

PREFLOP: Ok...so you made a mistake capping against a tag 3bettor.

FLOP: I think compounding your mistake by leading the flop again is silly. Any hand that is ahead of you is definitely going to raise, any hand that you have beat (and there are likely very few) is going to give you the free card you want anyways because of your preflop agression. At worst, you really only want to charge yourself one bet to peel.

TURN: For one bet closing the action getting 11 to 1. I think thats a bad fold.

HAND 3

FLOP: I think coldcalling and popping the turn would have been the best line. We have an extremely draw heavy board and the worst odds we can offer is 5 to 1 and anybody with a straight draw or flush draw is getting odds to come along anyways and while we most likely have a value raise here, Im in favor of popping the turn when our equity is better although I would have a hard time telling anybody who 3bets this flop their wrong.

TURN: Its a pretty thin raise, but I think I like it

RIVER: Id value bet as well.
  • HAND 1:

FLOP: I hate the flop check.  He likes to overplay his hand.  Give him a chance to do so on this street.  You arent inducing him to overplay.  Hell do a good job of that all on his own if your characterization holds true.

Ok true enough.
    RIVER: I think your good often enough to raise here.

Raise I did.  Should I reraise?

HAND 2

TURN: For one bet closing the action getting 11 to 1.  I think thats a bad fold.

Oh I played this whole hand like crap.  However 6 outs at most on the turn bet, plus it's an overcall, plus those 6 outs aren't very clean with the board paired and double suited and that the A could be completing a straight for shaunee.
    HAND 3

FLOP: I think coldcalling and popping the turn would have been the best line.  We have an extremely draw heavy board and the worst odds we can offer is 5 to 1 and anybody with a straight draw or flush draw is getting odds to come along anyways and while we most likely have a value raise here, Im in favor of popping the turn when our equity is better although I would have a hard time telling anybody who 3bets this flop their wrong.

Yeah that's good advice.  That's one play I would like to recognize more often.
  • hand 2 you also have a gutshot so you really need to call.
  • Hmm. Thanks. I don't like it when I miss outs like that.
  • Oh I played this whole hand like crap.  However 6 outs at most on the turn bet, plus it's an overcall, plus those 6 outs aren't very clean with the board paired and that the A could be completing a straight for shaunee.

The rule generally is that in order to overcall you need a stronger hand because you have to beat two people.  HOWEVER, when you are overcalling an idiot that probably has nothing, you really shouldnt be thinking of it as an overcall.

The paired board shouldnt be a consideration since our laggy idiot shaunee woulda popped some street had he held it and our tag 3bettor certainly isnt holding anything down there.

Most of the time were going to have between 3 to 10 outs against the TAGS holdings...more then enough to peel on average.