Tipping question

You are in a small stakes rebuy tourny at an underground club. ($60 entry, $30 rebuys)

The payouts are-

1st- $2800
2nd- $1200
3rd- $600
4th- $240

One of the owners of the club takes 3rd for $600.

First and second split $1800 each and they play for the other $400. Essentially first got $2200, second $1800.

What would be the "normal" tipping percentage for the dealers/staff of the club? How much would you consider to be a fair tip, how much would you consider to be an "insult" to the house?

Comments

• I'd look at this very carefully. If it's the club I'm thinking of, they've already taken a huuuuuuuuge cut. If the owner is playing he deserves nothing extra. Ask for the breakdown on the rake. It is quite likely they've already taken out an amount for dealers PLUS an amount for tips. If it's already out before you have your say, you have no reason to give them a dime extra.

Otherwise, maybe 3% if you are happy with the way the dealers handled the game. But how do you ensure the owner doesn't just put this in his pocket???
  • DId you win the training room tourney?
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    DId you win the training room tourney?

I wish.

I made it to the final table though. Ended up in 7th out of 40.

Went out on pocket 5's to Kenny's AJd, he caught his straght on the river. :'(
  • Ah, the scenario sounded similar to when the blonde woman who runs the place got third and the worst player there got first :)

You going to TOC?

10%?
  • I can't make it this weekend to TOC. I would love to be there though.