Shuffling Machines

We've just installed 3 Deck-Mate automatic shufflers on a trial basis. They are in action on our $5-$10 tables for the trial. If the trial proves successful we'll have them on every table. The increased hands per hour will especially benefit both our monthly Tournaments and the weekly SnGs, the extra hands per hour won't bother the live ring game players either I'm sure. The response has been very positive so far from both players and staff.

Had a chuckle the other day to hear a player talking to the machine, upset that the shuffler "rivered" him; the dealer also had a smile on her face knowing that would have been aimed at her pre shuffler. If any of you folks have the opportunity to play on one of tables with the shufflers in action or have played elsewhere with automatic shufflers please let me know your thoughts and impressions. I'm looking forward to your input.

Cheers,

Lee

Comments

• If any of you folks have the opportunity to play on one of tables with the shufflers in action or have played elsewhere with automatic shufflers please let me know your thoughts and impressions. I'm looking forward to your input.

Automatic Shufflers are awesome. Keep them forever and install them everywhere.
  • I guess it goes without saying that you'll be reducing the rake on your 5-10 game now. right Lee?

Manual shuffling = ~30-35 hph = ~$150 per hour @$5 per hand
    Auto shuffling = ~40-45 hph = ~$160 per hour @$4 per hand

You still make extra.
  • I liked it when brantford had the auto shufflers. Seemed to speed up the game. The problem they apparently had was the often would red light, and a pit boss would have to be called over to fix the problem.
  • automatic shufflers are great. Play with one deck shuffle the other. No more waiting for the shuffle etc. Anything to keep the game moving and the number of hands seen up is good by me.
  • You forgot one small detail SOS, the rental on the shuffler. Shufflers cannot be purchased only rented. Each machine is rented by the month and the rent is due if the machine sees action or not. Even using your math, the rental wipes out any gain and then some. But you did have a good thought.

Cheers,

Lee
  • It's a good idea to keep the action moving faster, keeps people from tilting less when they don't pick up a hand in over an hour.

Probably head down tonight to check out the shufflers, too bad they're not on the 10/20 tables yet.
  • I think they are good, as long as the dealers and staff are trained in what to do when they jam or otherwise malfunction.

Played a session at The Orleans once that went like this...shuffler jammed, fixed right away, jammed again and again and then malfunctioned to the point of not working...dealer is confused as what to do, floor comes over 5 times back and forth etc etc, Soooooo, overall like 30 minutes without a hand while they are searching for a replacement shuffler....um, remember in the old days when you had to shuffle by hand after walking uphill both ways to school in the vegas snow? Go for it.

Obviously, you need a few on hand for when they malfunction and need everyone trained as to where the spares are located and how to quickly replace them.
  • I've always been told the shuffers at the blackjack tables are paid for. They are extremely expensive, 10's of thousands, but they are purchased?
  • Deck Mates are rented, as are our Let it Ride and Pai Gow ShuffleMasters, we don't use BJ shufflers but the ones we used in the States were all rented.