Fulltilt Monaco invitational on today (dec 4) 2pm on SN

Believe this is the one that was showed on FSN in the states on their Thanksgiving day. Didnt see it mentioned on their site until today, so thought I would post it. 4 hours!

Comments

• i cant believe sportsnet is airing this so soon, Canada never gets this stuff this soon. this is great...
  • aww... look at all the bad boy poker players in their cute little tuxedos.
  • Great game. I really enjoyed this one.
  • This was an excellent broadcast, every hand (I think) not just the action hands...it's comforting to know that even the pros get dealt 53 and 62 etc more often than not.
    I missed the preflop action as to why Ferguson had all his money in with 72 did he just make a bad call?
  • I think the Ferguson hand was a mistake with the cameras, the announcers were talking about it. He actually had A/2.
  • Nice to see the pros invited for free money, but all I saw was an all in fest. The blinds were so high that is all they could do.
  • Before the all in fest it was a tight fest. The broadcasters were even suprised by the tightness of the play.
  • Dead Money wrote:
    Nice to see the pros invited for free money, but all I saw was an all in fest. The blinds were so high that is all they could do.

They were saying the buy-in was $120,000 and 3rd paid even money. Also the logo in the top corner was saying it was live.
  • It was taped from Thanksgiving weekend (U.S.)...buy-in was $120,000
    1st prize $600,000
    2nd $280,000
    3rd $120,000
    4-7 0
  • I only saw the last 4 players and missed my man, Phil Hellmuth. How'd he play?
  • Nobody really had the chance to shine, except for Ulliot early on, as nobody was ever picking up great hands and everyone was playing very very tight.
  • Like the Poker Superstars tournaments, I am dissapointed in the structure of these things. The blinds are so high so fast that you don't get to see any real playing after the first 15 minutes of the show it seems. I'd much rather have a slower structure and edit out the lack of action hands. I really don't care to watch top level pros trying to decide every hand whether or not to call all in with K9 os.
  • Tie Twist wrote:
    The blinds are so high so fast that you don't get to see any real playing after the first 15 minutes of the show it seems.

Much like most of the online tournaments or small home tournaments you see... most of them are not deep-stacks and the players are quickly put to the task of making decisions when their M Zones are low. I actually enjoyed watching what the pros do in these situations.
  • mrdeeds wrote:
    I only saw the last 4 players and missed my man, Phil Hellmuth.  How'd he play?

He was the first out, of course some one called him all-in when he was favoured and they caught a card to suck him out.
  • Hellmuth was second out...Matusow went out before him.
  • BigChrisEl wrote:
    mrdeeds wrote:
    I only saw the last 4 players and missed my man, Phil Hellmuth. How'd he play?

He was the first out, of course some one called him all-in when he was favoured and they caught a card to suck him out.

I don't suppose there was any blow-up? :'(
  • No...nothing like that!!!
  • I watched a bit of it but missed the end. Who won this thing? Even Gus was a very tight Gus for the most part but pissed his stack away at the end with a couple of questionable calls for all in.
  • Ivey won it all!!
  • BigChrisEl wrote:
    mrdeeds wrote:
    I only saw the last 4 players and missed my man, Phil Hellmuth.  How'd he play?

He was the first out, of course some one called him all-in  when he was favoured and they caught a card to suck him out.
    I didn't even see Matusow go out. Must have been in the first few minutes.

Hellmuth went all in with KJs for around 100k and got called by Ferguson with A5s, who was probably 2nd high stack at the time. No suckout as I recall. Phil looked very dashing in tux with white scarf and stylish sunglasses. He was very quiet. I'm guessing quite hungover. He did a quick interview afterwards where he ranted how horrible Ferguson's call was. Typical Phil, albeit a bit understated maybe for Phil.

Devilfish was playing awesome at the start but didn't seem to change gears later on. Didn't catch many cards, either.
  • Great game. I really enjoyed this one.

This was a very interesting tournament. They used gold plates? for chips and the table looked like it was in some sort of fancy ballroom. Everyone was looking sharp, especially Ivey when he won the whole thing!