Tournament Strategy??

Does anyone have any suggested strategies when theyre playing in a Tournament vs a Straight up Cash Game....Live and Online?

Comments

• Steve Y wrote:
    Does anyone have any suggested strategies when theyre playing in a Tournament vs a Straight up Cash Game....Live and Online?

Sklansky's book "Tournament Poker for Advanced Players" does a VERY good job of outlining the changes in strategy which you want to make when moving from a cash game to a tournament. A must-read if you are interested in tournament poker.

Keith
  • Hey Keith, do you know by any chance where one can find that book? I went to my local Chapters and could not find it :(
  • www.amazon.ca, is where I got my copy from.
  • www.amazon.ca, is where I got my copy from.
  • Hey Keith, do you know by any chance where one can find that book? I went to my local Chapters and could not find it :(

I don't remember where I got it. You could try the Amazon.ca route, as suggested, or see if Chapters can order it for you (if they carry it, they will get it for you. Once I needed a book for a grad course, and I went and found it on their website and called them... they mailed it to me at no extra charge. It was delivered to me in the morning, 2 days after I called.)

Keith
  • Wow, thanks Keith. I will go that route as I hate putting my personal information on the net.

1. Tournament Poker for Advanced Players
    Author: David Sklansky
    Trade Paper
    ISBN:1880685280
    Published: April 2002
    Usually ships in 24 hours
    List Price:$47.50
    Our Price: $33.25

order online from Chapters :D