How to play satellite with "hyper-Turbo" blinds

Hey gang,
I was just wondering how people change their play to deal with blinds that go up ludicrously fast?  There's a sat on Paradise for the daily $40K where the blinds go up every 6 minutes.  I've actually seen it go up 3x before it comes around again when people are playing slowly.  I keep making it to top 1/3rd, but then getting blown out because I'm not getting cards, and the blinds eat me up.  Bluffing or steal attempts don't work, because there's always someone that will call you.  Are there adjustments that people here make for this sort of thing, or is it basically just luck once you get to that point?

Comments

• Push any two when you hit the red zone.
  • Isuck at these things. As far as i can tell, yes it is essentially all luck once the blinds get going, though proper adjustments to the blinds should give you some sort of edge, ie pushing any 2 once it comes down to it. But really, justhope you pick up some cards or win some races.
  • I won a Empire Poker Turbo once. I think about 400-500 runners. When we got down near the money. Blinds were huge, like 2BB or 2.5BB = average. But I decided I would push every hand in middle position plus (and as long as no one came into the pot before me). They would all stall and evetually fold to recoup as many chips as possible while I kept stealing and making pot odds call on my blinds. Eventually took it down, but I think luck and people not playing poker math attributed to my victory.
  • I mainly play the short handed turbo SNG's on Poker Room - a little different but some of the strategies may apply:
    I tend to play tight for the first few orbits, once I get a sense of who is who - tight weak guy, tag, lag etc I change gears
    In my experience you will have to win a lot of races, as time goes on, the blinds get fast so quick you need to push often
    In the blinds, always call the min raise - fear of the blinds and skill level means a lot of players cannot let go of their hands - I have had a lot of success, calling in the BB with any two, and pushing with piece of the flop - its amazing how many people will call with overcards, dead pocket pairs etc
    Cheers
    Scots
  • BBC Z wrote:
    Push any two when you hit the red zone.

...which is 5 minutes into the tournament..
  • Hork42 wrote:
    BBC Z wrote:
    Push any two when you hit the red zone.

...which is 5 minutes into the tournament..

Thats an ultra turbo, not a hyper turbo :-)