Canadian Poker Player

2»

Comments

• ScottyZ wrote:
    :shock: :( :shock: :cry: :shock:

I'm very worried.

I almost get the feeling that I'm beginning to *understand* posts such as this as some sort of variation on Morse code.

:shock: :shock: :shock: 8) 8) 8) :shock: :shock: :shock:

ScottyZ

ConfusedONE *wonders* if ScottyZ is an AGENT :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:

HaHa :roll:
  • that's great how the eyes make the dots and dashes!
    here's my name:
    8) :shock: :shock: /:shock: 8) /8) :shock:

wonder who will be the 1st to post a decent length message in smiley-morse??
  • Dan808 wrote:
    that's great how the eyes make the dots and dashes!
    here's my name:
    8) :shock: :shock: /:shock: 8) /8) :shock:

my bets on ScottyZ and/or all_aces :shock:
  • wonder who will be the 1st to post a decent length message in smiley-morse??

I haven't the foggiest. ;)

What's "EVIL" in Morse code?

ScottyZ
  • :shock: 8) :shock: 8) :shock: :shock: :shock: 8) :shock: :shock:/ :shock: :shock: 8) :shock:

oh my eyes my eyes :shock:
  • ScottyZ wrote:

I haven't the foggiest. ;)

What's "EVIL" in Morse code?

ScottyZ

EVIL :twisted: :shock:
  • Here's an interesting hand that I was in recently:

:lol: 8) :? :D :? :twisted: :twisted:

:? :x :x :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :o:D :shock:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol::lol::lol: :roll: :shock:

I'm particularly interested to see what you thought of my play on the turn.

Any comments appreciated.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • all_aces wrote:
    Here's an interesting hand that I was in recently:

:lol: 8) :? :D :? :twisted: :twisted:

:? :x :x :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :o:D :shock:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol::lol::lol: :roll: :shock:

I'm particularly interested to see what you thought of my play on the turn.

Any comments appreciated.

Regards,
    all_aces

Forget about the turn. Your pre-flop play is a disaster... much worse than I'd expect from a player as good as yourself. I mean, what are you thinking :lol: 8) :? ing with :D :? in :twisted: :twisted: position?

Notice how you get trapped when the flop comes down :? :x :x :twisted: :twisted: :evil: . Even though your opponent shows a lot of strength by semi-:o :D :shock: ing, I think you've still got enough outs to call here. This was actually a nice play.

Your turn play isn't nearly as bad as you seem to be implying. (Unless you actually meant that you thought trying a :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: was a creative move, in which case, you're one step ahead of me.) This is the kind of irrational play that will really baffle your opponents in the long run.

As for the river, you're pretty much pot-committed. But you sure got that lucky river card you were looking for after that unique turn play. How could your opponent holding :lol::lol: *ever* expect you to show down :lol: :roll: after the way you played the turn? There's no way your opponent could have expected that he would get any hurt put on him whatsoever by the harmless looking river :shock:

ScottyZ
  • LOL nicely done Scotty.
    As for the river, you're pretty much pot-committed.

This was my favourite part for the simple damn reason that I ALWAYS seem to be pot-committed on the river. You should just keep this line standing by on your clipboard, ready to use in response to any of my hand analysis questions.

BTW I enjoyed your extensive hand analysis of Jay's trip report. I also enjoyed Keith's analysis of your analysis. It reminded me of the Daily Show... they have a 'senior political analyst *analyst*', and that always kills me.

Regards,
    all_pot-committed on the river_aces
  • BTW I enjoyed your extensive hand analysis of Jay's trip report. I also enjoyed Keith's analysis of your analysis. It reminded me of the Daily Show... they have a 'senior political analyst *analyst*', and that always kills me.

Thanks!

It does feel like I have plenty of "industry watchdogs" (Keith included) here. But this is a great thing. It's always great to hear and think about how other people would have played the same hands I have played, or at least read and thought about.

Not to mention that when I make mistakes, I'm almost always going to be the last person in the world to notice that they are mistakes. So, talking about hands sure helps me learn.

Actually, I kind of feel bad about that last hand analysis. I was probably being too hard on you. After thinking about it some more, I actually think that :lol: 8) :? ing with :D :? pre-flop might be a nice way of simply varying your play. You do run the risk of setting yourself up to be pot-committed at the river, but sometimes you just have to close your eyes and go for it. This was probably such a high level play that I couldn't even recognize it as a strong play at first glance--- nicely done!

ScottyZ
  • :? 8) :P :P :lol: :oops: :roll: :cry::lol::lol::lol: :? :)

It's always so lame to be about 3 hours late...
  • :? 8) :P :P :lol: :oops: :roll: :cry::lol::lol::lol: :? :)

It's always so lame to be about 3 hours late...

[valley girl voice] Yeah, like. What's with all those sa-mi-leeeys? That is soooo 3 hours ago...

ScottyZ
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    What's with all those sa-mi-leeeys?

You would not believe the chuckle I had over this single sentence :lol:

SA-MI-LEEEYS!!
  • I received my first issue on Friday. It's a carefully shipped and good-looking magazine. Thanks Dave, Sloth, et al for hooking me up!

I like the Aruba UB ad, the Planet ad, and probably the Paradise ad best of them all. Yes there are interesting articles as well... not just scantily-clad women... Justin Baxter's article is very personal, and an interesting read. It includes the statements: "I am now divorced and my children have two different homes to visit, but I did not have a gambling problem" and "For three months, I had a suicide hotline number on my fridge, but I did not have a gambling problem". Heavy stuff.

I also liked the article about Tom McEvoy. In 1983 he won the first WSOP event (2K limit hold'em) and he won the last WSOP event (10K NL). He made at least $540K that year, and seven years later he was broke. Suffice it to say, he's made a comeback since then...

Regards,
    all_aces
  • I have sent sloth a PM about the first subscription, but he has not replied yet :oops:
  • I have sent sloth a PM about the first subscription, but he has not replied yet :oops:

Yeah same here. It's almost like he has a life outside sending us free magazines.

Keith
  • Yes I can't believe he is not making these free subscriptions a top priority :wink:
  • I got my magazine this afternoon. Thanks sloth!!! :D
  • I'm not at all worried about this month's magazine (which was actually far and away better than the first issue I bought (what the heck was that middle-earth article about)) But, I would at least like to know that things are sorted so I can stop playing at paradise. :)
  • I just got it yesterday as well! Thanks Sloth and Dave!!! :D
  • I also received mine, thanks gents.