5$ SNG hand for discussion

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (7 handed) converter

BB (t1915)
UTG (t1580) (has played reasonable to now, hasn't gotten out of line and hasn't shown a hand yet)
MP1 (t2800)
MP2 (t1260)
Hero (t1230)
Button (t2780)
SB (t1935)

Preflop: Hero is CO with :qd :qs
UTG raises to t150, 2 folds, Hero raises to t270

I usually never raise the minimum. Seems everytime I see this it means aces. I figured I'd try to represent a monster before going to the flop. Is that just stupid? My main thing is that I wanted to be heads up.

3 folds, UTG calls t120.

Flop: (t585) :2h , :8h , :ac (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets t300

I'm hoping my minimum raise preflop might have concerned him. I bet out 300 thinking it's not a huge amount but big enough for him to fold it right here if he's on a flush draw or no A. Since I represented a big A preflop hopefully he will just fold here.

, UTG raises to t1310, Hero folds

I figure my Q's are no good and muck. I still have T660 which is enough to come back.

Was the preflop and flop play reasonable or just over thinking?
Was I an idiot to fold QQ?
Should I have just pushed on the flop after his check? Seems to me that anytime someone hits a set on the flop in these low limit SNG's they either check raise all in on the flop or check call the flop and turn and then all-in ya on the river. I just couldn't see him turning over anything but AA; AK; AQ; AJ or even AT.

Comments

• Hard to say for sure but chances are good you were behind. Unfortunately, you already had almost half your chips in the pot. Maybe next time, go to 400 or 450 pre-flop.
  • I don't like the small raise because you give him the odds to call and try to spike something like an ace on you. The fold looks good though without some kind of read that he's crazy.