heads up at final table

2»

Comments

• AA - thanks again for the post. This is a great read!
    Seat 1: DiabloAzul ( $16124 )
    Seat 2: bigdaddy55_ ( $5634 )
    Seat 3: stoney13333 ( $52245 )
    Seat 8: Aces_All ( $44846 )
    Seat 5: SOON2BCHAMP ( $16554 )
    Seat 4: chilito ( $11770 )
    Seat 6: sknight149 ( $6720 )
    Seat 7: gamble24x7 ( $2860 )
    Seat 9: bluechip2000 ( $9017 )
    Trny:17875805 Level:12
    Blinds (500/1000)
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to Aces_All [ Jd Js ]
    DiabloAzul raises [4000].
    bigdaddy55_ folds.
    stoney13333 folds.
    chilito folds.
    SOON2BCHAMP folds.
    sknight149 folds.
    gamble24x7 folds.
    Aces_All calls [3500].
    bluechip2000 folds.
    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 7s, 6h, Kc ]
    Aces_All checks.
    DiabloAzul is all-In [12124]
    Aces_All calls [12124].

Balls of steel sir! Anything else contribute to the decision to make this call? He was the aggressor pre-flop, and post-flop. Hoping that he had AQ, AJ, TT?
  • Dead Money wrote:
    ScottyZ wrote:
    Dead Money wrote:
    I hope I am not the only one wondering this but, how many tournaments do you play per week. The question from me arises because I notice you have alot of final tables, or looks that way to me. And are you tracking you cashes in tournaments?

Are you trying to say that "it’s not really winning is it, after you spent so much on losing"?

;)

ScottyZ

lol

I am pretty sure he is a winning tournament player.  ;) I am wondering more in the way of percentage cash against play. 8)

Wow.  This forum is awesome.  I take a shower and people have actually read the hand histories.  Cool!

I'm going out this evening with Em and a friend so I'll respond to these great questions tomorrow.  As I said, I made some loose calls and marginal plays, to be sure, and I'm not surprised that you guys picked out the exact hands I was thinking of.  I'll try to explain myself tomorrow, if I can, but the answer to most questions is probably something like "I had a feeling" or something ridiculous like that.

As for how many MTT's I play, well, I don't track my results per se, but I can say this.  Freelance camera gigs slow down around Christmas, and as a result I've had more time to play poker.  I'd estimate that in the last 4 weeks or so I've played 20 MTT's (most in the last week).  I chopped one for 10K or so, I think I won one or something for another 10K or so, I came second in one on Monday for about 4.5K, and yesterday I made a final table for about 2K, and then took first later on in the evening for the 14K or so.

I can't explain why I'm on fire right now, but there is no denying the fact that I am.  I also won an entry to the $800 CPC qualifier on Party this Saturday.  One in ten gets a seat. If I can win the trip to the Bahamas (and the 5K entry to the tournament there) I have a REALLY good feeling that will be my "big break".  I don't think I've ever (played better/been luckier/both) than I am right now.
  • all_aces wrote:
    I can't explain why I'm on fire right now
    Skill and practice? :) Obviously you need a bit of luck, but to money in 5 of 20 (for $45K no less) in a month you have to be doing something right.
    all_aces wrote:
    Wow.  This forum is awesome.  I take a shower and people have actually read the hand histories.  Cool!
    I'll echo Wolffhound that I really appreciate you posting these histories.  Seeing interesting hands helps you think through specific scenarios, but seeing such a large volume of hands really helps you think through an entire tournament.  Thanks for posting them for us to read (and re-read, and...).
  • That's a mighty fine rush, looks like you only jinxed me and you're running hotter than ever! Congrats and here's hoping you're lying on the beach with a couple hundred grand in a month or so :).
  • Congrats Devin, you're a sick player that's for sure. After seeing your first few hand history hands I was thinking "Wow, he really does always have all aces!". Nice clean up, no deals rules!

stp