How many SNGs needed to track stats accurately?

I've just started playing the 9 handed turbo SNGs at pokerstars. So far I've done really well with an overall average ITM of 58.6% in a mix of mostly 15s and 25s and a few 55s. I realize that this is high and will drop over time. I only have about 50 entries in my spreadsheet right now. How big of a sample set do I need to really see my true stats?

Comments

• 10,000 or so.
  • Well then I guess I've got work to do. Good thing these things finish in 45 to an hour.
  • Oni5000 wrote:
    Well then I guess I've got work to do. Good thing these things finish in 45 to an hour.
    Just a little bit of work.  If you play 10/day it will only take 3 years :)
  • Multi tabling?
  • BBC Z wrote:
    Multi tabling?
    That would help, although I usually just play 2 at a time, and I definately don't have time for 4 hrs/day :) .  Maybe when the kids leave home (in a few decades :) ). I only play around 6/day 4 times/wk, so right now I'm looking at 8 years before I can evaluate my play, LOL.
  • 4-tabling i would guess i average 6 an hour on party, and even more if i'm playing turbos on Stars. But I have no time these days to play many anyways and I like playing big MTTs too much.
  • I think you can evaluate your play quicker than 10,000 SNG's.  While the variance can be huge.  I've lost (Not ITM) for 25 consecutive than won outright 6 in a row with another 10 out of 15 ITM.  I would think you should know after 6 months.  Is the bankroll bigger smaller or the same.  
  • I would think you should know after 6 months. Is the bankroll bigger smaller or the same.

The OP wants to know after how many SnG's he can be confident that his winrate isn't a fluke. 50 or 100 or 500 are far too small sample sizes to able to talk numbers with a reasonable confidence interval.

While cash is always a nice way to keep score, it's not the best way for the psyche.