PAPANYA38 folds.
Quatermane calls [$0.15].
Knytetyme raises [$0.30].
polarice1983 calls [$0.30].
herrcoremin folds.
shane90111 calls [$0.15].
Quatermane calls [$0.15].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Td, 5h, 9c ]
>You have options at Beginners #1074155 Table!.
Quatermane checks.
Knytetyme bets [$0.15].
polarice1983 raises [$0.30].
shane90111 calls [$0.30].
Quatermane calls [$0.30].
Knytetyme raises [$0.30].
polarice1983 raises [$0.30].
shane90111 calls [$0.30].
Knytetyme calls [$0.15].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2s ]
Quatermane checks.
Knytetyme bets [$0.30].
polarice1983 raises [$0.60].
shane90111 folds.
Quatermane calls [$0.60].
Knytetyme calls [$0.30].
** Dealing River ** [ Kc ]
Quatermane bets [$0.30].
Knytetyme raises [$0.60].
polarice1983 calls [$0.60].
Knytetyme shows [ Kh, Kd ] three of a kind, kings.
polarice1983 doesn't show [ Ts, Th ] three of a kind, tens.
Quatermane shows [ Jh, Qh ] a straight, nine to king.
Quatermane wins $7.62 from the main pot with a straight, nine to king.

Comments

• No never fold here. Why no raise preflop??
  • Wow this really looks like a bad beat post.
  • Why are you calling the river? Cap it, unless you really think one of them made thier inside straight.
  • Thanks for the input folks
    I didnt raise preflop because I'm not overly aggressive and I didnt three bet the river because a small part of me knew someone had KK
  • You really need to raise preflop, nothing to do with how aggressive you are.
  • Yes you should of raised preflop and took the gamble.But some people are just luck saks when it comes to the river.
  • Polarice I realize you've heard this before and therefore I was going to just let it go and move on to the next post. But then i thought maybe if you hear it one more time it will help.

RAISE!!!

This pot should have been capped or raised by you at every opportunity. When you're ahead (or reasonably think so) make the drawers pay to draw out on you and when they do, console yourself with the satisfaction that at least you didn't let them get there cheap and that next time, and the time after that they may not hit their card on the river and you'll more than make up for this loss.
  • OK Hero didn't play the hand THAT badly guys.

Preflop: I would have raised pf as well, but given a smaller pair like 88 or 99 I would be inclined to limp to try to get some multiway action going. Limping to hit a set here isn't that bad with TT in EP (but I would have raised personally).

Flop: Hero jams with top set. No faults here.

Turn: Again hero raises, others call. No faults here.

River: Yes, I probably would have 3 bet the river with a set but...
    Why are you calling the river? Cap it, unless you really think one of them made thier inside straight.

It wasn't a gutshot, QJ would be open ended on the flop, a highly likely holding. One of the callers waking up on the river and raising would certainly worry me a bit. That being said, hero said he was specifically worried about KK for the higher set, which I would almost never worry about. Too many times you will see a guy raise 2 pair here, or even AK to NOT 3 bet it. Heads-up I probably 3 bet without thinking. Multiway I would think that QJ is a very reasonable holding and might just call the raise (since I'm getting capped by QJ and I'm not folding middle set there).

That being said, the worst play in the hand is this (and it's not hero):
    Quatermane checks.
    Knytetyme bets [$0.30].
    shane90111 folds.
    Knytetyme calls [$0.30].

There's times when going for an overcall might be right, but not when you have the nuts and you will definately get a call from the raiser (who might even cap), and he likely gets a call for 2 bets from hero as well.
  • Sure, a little passive preflop but I would have likely played it the same way on every other street. I rarely raise the river in a multi-way pot unless I've got the nuts. Nice hand.

stp
  • ScoobyD wrote:
    That being said, the worst play in the hand is this (and it's not hero):
    Quatermane checks.
    Knytetyme bets [$0.30].
    shane90111 folds.
    Knytetyme calls [$0.30].
    There's times when going for an overcall might be right, but not when you have the nuts and you will definately get a call from the raiser (who might even cap), and he likely gets a call for 2 bets from hero as well.

This is actually the betting action on the turn, not the river. When you look at the river action,
    ** Dealing River ** [ Kc ]
    Quatermane bets [$0.30].
    Knytetyme raises [$0.60].
    polarice1983 calls [$0.60].
    Knytetyme shows [ Kh, Kd ] three of a kind, kings.
    polarice1983 doesn't show [ Ts, Th ] three of a kind, tens.
    Quatermane shows [ Jh, Qh ] a straight, nine to king.
    Quatermane wins $7.62 from the main pot with a straight, nine to king.

The NUT straight closes the action by calling and cost himself probably 2 BB from each player since the player with KK will likely cap this pot with top set after waking up to raise the river bet from another player who had been just calling all the way.

Other than that, as most people have said TT is stong enough that you should be raising PF since more often than not you will have the best hand.
  • This is actually the betting action on the turn, not the river. When you look at the river action,

Crap, you're right, cut and pasted wrong part, but my point was the person with the nuts closed the river action with a call as pointed out... Horrid. Nice catch Pinhead...