Changing how windows looks

I'm sick of the way the windows look and how you can only change between the blue olive and silver. The green start button is annoying too. I'm trying to figure out what I need to download. Its not a theme since I don't want my backround and sounds and all that changed. A skin maybe? I dont know I just want to change the appearance of the windows into something sleeker. Anyone know what I need to search for? Or, better yet, a site that has what I'm looking for?

Comments

• There is a registry tweak to rename the "start" button to
    any other "5 letter or less" combo.

It's a bit detailed, so if anyone isn't comfortable making
    registry and/or system changes, then I wouldn't recommend
    messing with it.

Just do a google or yahoo search for...

(rename start button registry)

without the brackets of course :)
  • or just use CLASSIC windows settings:

UGLY GREEN START BUTTON ->Settings -> Control Panel -> Appearance and Themes -> Taskbar and Start Menu -> Start Menu -> Classic Start menu
  • fine, if you want to make things EASY!
    which i'm sure is NOT what microsoft intended....
    :)
  • can you make your screen saver a slide show?
    I have a large number of good pixs of the family and would like to make them into a slide show and set it as my screensaver. can this be done? Explanation must be simple, and expect return questions. Thanks in advance,
    Deke
  • ddmilcan wrote:
    can you make your screen saver a slide show?
    I have a large number of good pixs of the family and would like to make them into a slide show and set it as my screensaver. can this be done? Explanation must be simple, and expect return questions. Thanks in advance,
    Deke

Thats easy to do. Right click on your desktop and go to properties. Then click on the screensaver tab. In the screensaver pulldown select "My Pictures Slideshow." Then click the settings button. Halfway down the window it says "Use pictures in this folder:" just browse and select whatever file all your photos are in.
  • that's easy is encouraging, I'll keep you posted, Thanks