Party Poker Software Glitch?

I was just playing a hand, it was raised in front of me, I have AA so I hit the reraise button, my hand is folded??!?! I very clearly clicked the right button, I wasn't rushing or anything, and my mouse didn't jump the screen. Also, I was watching the hand play out at a normal speed, so I didn't time out without realizing that I was temporarily disconnected. When the next hand is dealt, a notice pops up on the screen saying I've chosen to sit out, and I never clicked that in the corner either. I have no idea what happened, and it really really sucks that my AA got folded. Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Ok, I've just checked the hand history and it says I did not act in time. I don't see how this could have happened if I was watching the hand from when the cards were dealt and it didn't lag at all.
  • I've had the exact same thing happen to me, but not on Party Poker. It happened on Sports Interaction once when I had AA, and I can't remember the other hand I had when this happened.

I have a feeling it happens when you get a "blip" in your Internet connection, one that confuses the software into thinking you've disconnected. It's incredibly frustrating when you're sitting there waiting to act, you act, but then nothing happens and all of a sudden you see your pocket aces folded.

This is what I got from them:

Thank you for being a member of Sports Interaction Poker.

I am writing in response to the error you reported to us yesterday while playing in the Poker Room.

After investigating the issue our Poker Management team has determined that although you did experience connection problems (ummm, if you say so) there were not due to a malfunction of the Poker System. Therefore, we cannot refund you in this case.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
  • There was a glith on UB supposely. People wrecked the glitch for over 200K but they made a huge withdrawl (40K+) which looked too suspicious for them.

The glitch was in Heads Up SNGs. Pretend both player have $5.50 each. Enter HU SNG. One player win while other loses (so down to $0). If they press rematch (both have to agree) and then they both leave. One player will be credited with $5.50, while the other player will have $10 from his win. they did this and eventually it hit up 2-5K SNG.
  • Yes i have had the same type of problem on party poker.But like any other poker site,it always seems to be the persons pc or severes fault.Next thing they might say is your going blind and hit the wrong button.Like what next.
  • Pacific Poker is the KING of disconnect sites.  I would say I used to get disconnected 2-3 times an hour on average, with some bad days up to 6 or 8 times in an hour.  It's the main reason I stopped playing there.  It's definitely them, and not my PC or connection either.  Since Pacific only allows one table at a time, I would often play at other sites simultaniously.  The other site never had any problem when the Pacific connection would drop.  I've talked to other friends who also experienced the same sort of thing.
    I suppose it's possible there were internet "blips" at the time, but Pacific definitely chokes on them where other software doesn't.
  • Not sure if this would be the reason, but it's a different angle than the blip theory...

If you're playing 2 or more tables (Pacific excluded) on one monitor and you have action to take at one table you need to hit the chosen button twice...the first time to bring that table to the fore, and the second to take your action.
    if you just hit it once and then turn your attention to another table, your time keeps ticking on the first table and if your sound is down or off then you won't even hear the warnings bells etc..

Just another thought
    SOS