At the risk of sounding like a nerd..who plays counter strike source and/or DOD

ok, I have to admit I play my share of counter strike: source and DOD: source. I'm hooked. I would like to start a fun and casual leauge/clan and found a way to mix these games with poker.

Bare with me,

a 22 person DOD or CS:S server costs $60/month from this place:

http://www.clanservers.com/game_servers/game_view.php?GMID=9

Ok, so let's just say there are 10 of us to start with who would like to have a DOD or CS league.

We have a single $20 online hold em tournament per month...that's a $200 prizepool

1st place: $60
2nd place: $45
3rd: $30

that is $135 of the $200 leaving $65 which of course pays for our server every month.

As our league grows, we can decide to reduce the buyin, or keep it the same and have Xtra funds go toward a server for a different game..whatever it is we can decide as a group. Anyway, if yer' interested you can reply here or send me a PM if you don't want to be classified as nerdy...I won't tell anyone you contacted me :)

I've already found a place to host the tournaments.

Comments

• TinMan wrote:
    ok, I have to admit I play my share of counter strike: source and DOD: source. I'm hooked. I would like to start a fun and casual leauge/clan and found a way to mix these games with poker.

Bare with me,

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...I'm a keepin' my clothes on, what kind of set-up is this???
  • I used to be a CS nut. Did the whole clan and league things. Had my own clan once called Geeks with Guns :)
    I havent played any games like that in quite some time. I would be interested in playing again for sure. Thing is though, this would cut into my poker playing time, It would be a tough decission between the two.

Red
  • Yep, he sounds like a nerd, must be a nerd, better take'em out back an' shoot'em Jed, 'for he infects the rest of the herd.
  • BBC Z wrote:
    NERD!

Isn't that a bit of the kettle calling the pot black
  • I played CS:S, and DoD and I hate them both!

I am back to my roots, Medal of Honor Allied Assault baby! :D

I can get you the IP's of the servers we have if you want, just PM me.