Day 1a of Wolffhounds Vegas Tour Nov 13-16 (w/BigE and Lama)

Day 1a

This actually was Saturday Nov 12. The van packed up and left for 2:00 to travel to Detroit and stay over at the Days Inn in order to wake and fly out at 8:30a.m. Seemed like the best way to get a good nights sleep. (wrong).

Trip down was uneventful, the border guard stumped me when he asked “why are you going to Vegas” quite honestly, I didn’t understand his question cause really, is there more than one reason? When he rephrased it I came around enough to say, “just to gamble, no business”. A minute later we were in the US and on the way to the hotel.

Pumped about flying out Sunday a.m. and getting the trip going, finding food and beer for Saturday night was more difficult that it should have been. Turns out the gas stations and variety stores in Michigan don’t stock beer. Thankfully, the road the hotel was on had U-Turns located every 500 yards. After making at least 5 laps of the track, we had 30 cans of Busch, a bag of Ice and settled on ordering in Pizza.

The rest of the night was passed with nickel/dime Lowball, Holdem, Omaha and Kings and Little Ones along with Rocky 3 and Saving Private Ryan on TNT, while pounding beers and loading up on chicken wings and pizza.

Big E, my buddy Lama and myself decided to draw high card for the solo sleep.
Big E and his usual luck drew a 2, I cringed when Lama showed a Q…with my 8 it was spooning with Big E.

6 of the most frustrating hours later…I had my 1 and ½ hrs of sleep…turns out BigE’s real name after a lb of wings, 10 beers and some pizza is “freight train Wayne” as the angry snores could be heard for miles. Regardless of how many beer cans Lama knocked over to wake up E, E persevered and continued to buzz through those logs.

Oh well, got the same amount of sleep I would have if we left KW at 2:00 am and everything else went smoothly so….Vegas here we come.

Flight out at 8:30 a.m.EST, landing in Vegas at 10:00a.m Vegas T and 11:05NWAT (Northworst Air Time)

Bankroll- $728.00 + $100 (Wally/Dad gave me $ to play an hour on him)
onto the real sh*t

Comments

• Wolffhound wrote:
    Day 1a

6 of the most frustrating hours later…I had my 1 and ½ hrs of sleep…turns out BigE’s real name after a lb of wings, 10 beers and some pizza is “freight train Wayne” as the angry snores could be heard for miles.  Regardless of how many beer cans Lama knocked over to wake up E, E persevered and continued to buzz through those logs.

That is priceless. Apparently I had the same problem in Vegas as my buddy kept waking me up every 10 mins.
  • LMFAO Dave!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep'em coming................
  • Ok...in my defense ummmm, welll, ummmmm shit, I have no defense I snored my ass off BUT I didn't get much sleep either, for some reason the beer cans on the table beside me kept falling over, must have been a ghost???

Seriously tho, everyone was sawing logs...but I pride myself on being better then anyone else at EVERYTHING so I out did them and then some...if I was sawing angry logs it was only because it was day 1a and I was already down $2!!!!!!

Wolffhound forgot to mention that I did have to rebuy while playing lowball and some other crazy games, but did manage to come out only down $2

E's starting roll $1000
    After day 1a $998
  • Why do I think this is going to be Dave and Eric in a couple decades ...   Great stories - keep em coming

grumpy_old_men.jpg
  • I'm the skinnier angry one in that pic Beanie, Wolff is definitely the shorter pudgier one!!!!....and I can't say you'll be too far off the truth.
  • I think we should reserve some time for these stories at the Lucky Lou tournament on Sunday -- much funnier than anything I can come up with!

Cheers
    Lou