Options

The Training Room

First off, for those who did not know, The Training Room is under new management with new staff! Our goal is to provide all of our customers new, and old with the best service we can! Everyone is welcome to come out and get in on the action. We run some of the best tournaments in the city, and have great action on our live games as well!

For those who don't know we are located in Markam, in the area of HWY 7 and McCowan!
For directions and info PM

We are open Thursday, Friday and Sunday, with tournaments every Thursday and Sunday. Thursdays start @ 7pm, fridays live games start @9pm, sundays start @ 3pm.

Come by and check us out this Sunday for our Small Stakes Sunday Tourney($60 buy w/ unlimited $30 rebuys for the first hour), action starts around 3pm!

Comments

• Are the tournies still the same structure?

What live games do you run on which days and what are the rakes?

Thanks alot :D
  • I am going to give these guys a plug.

I play the Sunday tournament quite often. It is run well and is a good place to practice your live tournaments. If you like you can eat your buy in worth of pasta and sausage!
  • Dead Money wrote:
    I am going to give these guys a plug.

I play the Sunday tournament quite often. It is run well and is a good place to practice your live tournaments. If you like you can eat your buy in worth of pasta and sausage!

agreed...while i've been sticking to the freeze-out tournies lately (only once at TR in particular) i hope to give the sunday tourney a shot once again now that summers over and the numbers are slowly getting to where they used to be
  • The tournament structure is still the same. All rebuy tourneys start w/ 2000 chips, rebuy 2000, add-on 4000, freezeouts start w/5000. The blinds start at 25/50 and are 20 minute rounds, with a break every hour.

We run live games thursday, friday, sunday. Our live games are 10-20, and 5-5 No-Limit. We rake 5% max ten. We occasionaly run 20/40 still, depending on player requests. We will be adding another week night to our schedule as well.
  • what is the buy in for the tourney today?
  • kidpoker wrote:
    what is the buy in for the tourney today?

60 with 30 rebuys for the first hour of 1000. Add on of 4000 for 30.
  • I will be at today's tourny, wearing my lucky Bruins jersey (the Leafs one hasn't seemed to work :D ) and a black MDS ball cap.
  • I think I'm going to play today. Finished work now so clean up and play POKER.
  • I am in for today too!
  • I'm going, anyone who's gone lately know what time it is ACTUALLY starting at these days, I can't stand wating around for over an hour?

Thanks
  • Sundays are generally on time. If you want to show up with like 30 minutes to spare, come at 3:45. That will give you 30 minutes to eat, and minimal standing around time.
  • Thanks man...or ma'am?
  • Any Forum Members up for a $20 last longer bet?

I'll be wearing some sort of poker t shirt, likely brown.
  • well I was definitely out first. Pocket QQ against the SB (chip leader) AA.

Fastest exit I ever made at this tournament. 3rd hand after the re-buy.

Ouch!
  • I finished in 13th. I guess my Bruins jersey wasn't so lucky afterall. :D

I was second chip leader for a good part of the tourney, then got moved to the chip leaders table. I got 67 sooted on the BB, raised to 8000 (blinds were 1000/2000) all fold to the CL who calls. Flop comes  :5h :8h :js, CL pushes all in..... I have an open ended straight draw and not much else. :'( I decided not to risk my tourney on a draw like that and folded, CL shows me AJ. Did I make the right call? I think so.

Now I am down to 45K in chips, I get dealt AQo in LP. All fold to me, I raise it to 8000 again all fold except SB, he pushes all in. He had been wanting to leave and go play some 10/20 so I figured it might be a donation he is doing, or maybe he has a hand? I decide to call this time, he flips over AA and I am done like dinner. :'(

I didn't get a chance to play with Dead Money, but I did play with GTA and AcidJoe as well as a few Port Perry regulars, and Julia. Wasn't she something? Very nice on the eyes and a good player too. :D

When I left, both GTA and AcidJoe had made it to the final table. GTA was short stacked so I hope he manages to pick up a few steals. Good luck to you both, all in all it was a fun time and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. The free food and beverages were a good touch too.

BTW- The hand of the tournament had to be the AcidJoe vs A Short Stack, ASS pushes all in for $6300, AcidJoe immediately calls, the aforementioned lovely Julia hums and haws for a good 5 minutes before deciding to fold her JJ. AcidJoe and ASS flip their cards over, ASS has QQ to AcidJoe's KK, flop comes KQx...... turn........... you guessed it a Q! River was a brick. What a hand! AcidJoe didn't let it bother him though, we talked about it, but he managed to put together a good string and get his stack back up for the final table.
  • I ended up 8th, was gunning for top 3.

Summary from my blog:

Off to the final table with only 19k, top stacks over 100k, I need to make a move, 5 pay money, top 3 are all I want $2.8k, $1.2k, $700 or something like that. Final table consists of good player to my right, good player 2 to my right, ok player on my left who only plays her cards but is solid, 4-5 clueless players and one very tight player 3 to my right. I'm short, I want first, I need to steal with position and try and double up when able.

Blinds 2k 4k. First hand I play is my BB. Weakest player at the table by far limps in EP, folded to good sb player who calls, I look down at 64o. I have 15k left and there is 12k out there. I have a good read on EP as weak, and good player likely would have raised to get it heads-up with a decent hand. So, all-in and I take the pot as I thought. Ok now have 31k or so. Same orbit blinds now 3k 6k, I have 24k left. QQ UTG+1. Raise all in and am praying for a caller. Really tight but not so good player on the button debates a long time, so I put him on AQ or TT, JJ. I want a call. He calls and shows AJs. I'll take that. Turns a flush and I'm out. I double on that hand and I have enough chips to steal constanlty from the 4 tight players on my left and possibly make it all the way to first. That hurt.

8th/45-50 players.

Nice seeing you guys from the forum, MDS I would stop stealing my blinds if I were you :D.

Joe made a great run after taking a bad beat when KK lost to QQ flop KQx, turn Q. Got right up there at the second last table.

GG everyone, I'm gonna take that down soon :D
  • Oh yeah, very good tournament with a good structure.

How can a Bruins jersey be lucky?
  • I agree GTA, very good tourney. A definate play again. Now if I could stop these guys from hitting one outters...... but I guess I shouldn't complain after all I did hit runner runner flush on an all in to stay alive. Finally one for the good guy.
  • kind of explains your name eh?

sorry man, couldnt help that one.

Johnny
  • Where did you finish Joe?

And GTA, I only stole your blinds when I knew you were too weak to defend them. Most of the time I wanted a call. :D

On your blog, I know who you are talking about as the strong player (Pete) and the calling station (the guy who cracked my AA with his 24o and hit trip 4s), am I the one reffered to as decent? If so, I take that as a compliment coming from such a formidable player such as yourself. If not, then I consider being "average" somewhat of a compliment too. :D
  • MDS, I was referring to the the table before you got there. I didn't go into too much detail about the entire tournament, just basically the first table and the final table a bit.

I'll be back there in 2 weeks, you guys going again?

I thought you were a very strong player, especially when you got ahold of some chips. I'd never played with you before, but if both you and your brother should somehow not make it to The Tournament of Champions, lets say I wouldn't be that upset :D. Actually, I like playing with a few strong players at the table, but if I really considered it, I'd probably like the prize money more.

The fact that you were 2 to my right wasn't too enjoyable for me. I almost came over the top of you with A9o on the button when you raised with Q9s, but it wasn't worth battling with you at that point given some of the weaker players still around that I could steal smaller pots from.
    Both you and Joe were very good players, I had to make a stand vs Joe at one point at the second last table as he kept raising my blinds. Thankfully, he folded for the extra 17k at that point.

Joe placed 6th, got a free seat to the river room $125 this Friday.

With the 3 of us in that field, we have pretty decent odds of one of us getting top 2 in that field.

I'd love to each have a 10-15% stake in each other if the 3 of us were to play again...let me know if you guys are interested.
  • WOW GTA thanks for the compliments.  I no I wouldn't object to a "partnership" stake in each other.  Now if only i could replay that hand that I went out in.  While I don't think I would have ever folded it, maybe all in preflop was the better move.  I'm just shocked that mr. weak/tight made the call with AJ.  With only 65K in chips and blinds of 5K/10K I didn't have much room to move. 

Great playing with all of you it was enjoyable.  I'm not sure GTA about 2 weeks from now I have to check my daughters sports schedule to sort out what I'm doing...... Gotta love teenagers. 

Sorry MDS I didn't see your post earlier. I finished just shy of the money. I do get to play another tourney for free so maybe it's a good thing. I'll get to check out the River Room.
  • Hey what basketball does your daughter play? I'm refereeing the KW (WCSSA) Sr. girls HS final tomorrow. Maybe we'll run into each other at an OBA tourney sometime if she comes out this way.
  • I'm not sure why you guys regard me as such a good player, but thanks.

Remember...I'm new to town and want to learn poker :D
  • Moose, Basketball and Volleyball is with her school. She's on the Barrie Elites Volleyball team as well. Never mind the she tries to find time to squeeze in bowling.
  • I would definitely be interested in a stake in each other. After watching you guys play, it's an easy +EV. :D
  • Cool, do we get team canuck shirts?

Let's make some plans for future tournies...will be fun.
  • Well..... I"M ALL IN for that..... sounds like a plan to me. 2 weeks from now is probably not a go for me but I should be good after that. I will certainly be back in that tourney.
  • i'm interested in the tourny too ...
    what cash game do u guys run? 1-2NL??
    ur place is close to my area so i might hit up ur place sometime soon
  • We run 10/20, 15/30, 20/40, 5-5 No limit and 5-10 No limit(on tuesdays).