How often people are redepositing

Hey all,

New here, first post...

How often people are redepositing  and how much?

I only made 1 deposit of $35US back in April on UB and have worked up to about 30 X's my deposit

I read in another forum that only 10% of online players are "winning players"

Beacuse I have not redeposited, would I fit in that category or what other factors are includeded in being a "winning player"?

I know I have a lot to learn still (only been playing for about 1 year) and thanks to this great forum, I will continue too!

Just wondering if i can personally be happy with my success so far?

Comments

• The Freak wrote:
    Just wondering if i can personally be happy with my success so far?

Of course you can be happy!

Sure it's probably nothing to brag about against certain guys on this forum, but a win is a win!  I'm just wondering... as your bankroll has increased, have you moved to higher stakes games, or stuck to what works?  Moving to higher stakes games after a couple wins in cheap tourneys is what keeps killing my bankroll.

Congrats on the low stakes success!

/g2
  • Thanks for the reply G2

I started with the 10 person .01/.02 then .05/.10 graduated to the 6 person .10/.25 and now I play that or .25/.50  afew times tried .50/$1

95% of the time I play 6 player tables @.25/.50

and I love tourneys...have a fairly good outcome there even won 2/2500 person freerolls and usally finish in the top say 10-20%
  • Sounds like you're doing the smart thing playing these micro limits to build a bankroll gradually, I definitely think that's the way to go. I definitely lost my $50 the first time I deposited after building it up to $200 or so even because I didn't know how to manage my money. My 2nd deposit of $100 I started at .25/.5 (limit) and went from there. To think that was only about 15 or 16 months ago... It's amazing how quickly you can progress if you play a lot and are a quick learner, especially when it comes to absorbing information from books and such, and you don't overplay your bankroll and end up broke. I hope you continue to be successful.

Mike
  • I tend to redeposit every time one of my major sites has a reload bonus, but usually I just take monies out from one site via neteller and put them back into the bonus offering site.
  • I think you are definately getting the best of it.
    I burned up about $600.00 when I started..sometimes depositing twice in a day. Thankfully those days are gone and
    I've gotten that money back and then some.

GTA Poker has a point, congrats on getting your 30 up to 1000.00. If you use Neteller and take advantage of some other sites reload bonus' you'll see your bankroll grow even quicker bouncing it in and out as you play etc.

I took out most of my money for Vegas this week, leaving myself 40.00 a month ago, taking advantage of reloads/refer a friend, its up to 300.00 now...1/4 of the way to Vegas 06!!!!
  • I only redeposit (for myself) to take advantage of bonus's If not for the fact I pull back and wait for bonus's then I probably wouldn't deposit at all. Now if I could only get that kind of cooperation from the g/f that would be great. PS after a large tourney win....pull back and buy lots of alcohol.....It won't help your poker but it's a great feeling LOL
  • AcidJoe wrote:
    If not for the fact I pull back and wait for bonus's then I probably wouldn't deposit at all.  Now if I could only get that kind of cooperation from the g/f that would be great. 

I don't know why but my dirty mind is interpreting this in an entirely different way...
  • moose wrote:
    AcidJoe wrote:
    If not for the fact I pull back and wait for bonus's then I probably wouldn't deposit at all. Now if I could only get that kind of cooperation from the g/f that would be great.

I don't know why but my dirty mind is interpreting this in an entirely different way...

The key of course is being able to anticipate the exact moment that the bonus will occur, and pulling back just at the right time.

ScottyZ

P.S. No method of obtaining deposit bonuses is 100% effective.
  • I remember when I first started, I had no clue how to manage bankroll, was completely clueless about the big up and down swings, and totally ignored the 300xBB or so rule about playing. Back then I was still depositing by credit card (before I got a Neteller account), and there was a point where I would deposit $100, usually go up to around $250/$300, withdraw what I originally deposited, and then go on a down swing (I play shorthanded tables -> larger swings) and lose all I have left, deposit more, withdraw what I deposited etc etc. Went like that for a couple of months where I lost around $100 if not more just from transfer rate.

Anyways, I did not know what I was trying to say for that whole blurb up there, but congrats on turning 35 into 1000.
  • LOL to Moose and Scotty. However I get no bonus when I deposit. Just like the florida sunkist orange commericial I'm all juice no seed. But I did get a laugh out of both of your posts.
  • ScottyZ wrote:

The key of course is being able to anticipate the exact moment that the bonus will occur, and pulling back just at the right time.

ScottyZ

I'm still working on this one. ;)
  • If the g/f doesn't like juicy bonuses then she is probably avoiding Paradise. Absolute no must be what you get a lot.  Maybe if you cleaned up at the Golden Palace more.  Try Bodog, an alternate position may be what you need for success.

Remember it's not the size of the bet that gets the best bonus - it's playing in the right location.
  • moose wrote:
    If the g/f doesn't like juicy bonuses then she is probably avoiding Paradise. Absolute no must be what you get a lot. Maybe if you cleaned up at the Golden Palace more. Try Bodog, an alternate position may be what you need for success.

Remember it's not the size of the bet that gets the best bonus - it's playing in the right location.

It sounds like you're having quite the Party.

ScottyZ
  • Actually scotty it's NO party. However watching the sun rise over the Pacific while getting a bonus is always a plus.
  • AcidJoe wrote:
    Actually scotty it's NO party..

Oops, I see.

I guess I should change it to "It sounds like you were planning to have quite the Party."

ScottyZ