And the Bracelet Goes To...

DEREK!!

Derek obviously had issues being the first one busted out at the first game last week. He took his frustrations out on a group of unsuspecting players last Friday night to win there, and then comes to tonight's game on a roll to take the $200 pot. Congradulations Derek!! Good game.

Alot of solid play tonight all around. The new blinds seem to work out fine. Second place was taken by Chris Hollingsworth (MisFit) for $120 and yet another Chris (Hork42) takes third place with his very first showing taking home $80.

Oh, and the CHUMP of the night goes to Riley!! See what happens when you miss the first night and don't call? YOU GET BUSTED UP, DUDE! :D

I will update the spreadsheet and send it out to all with pics over the weekend. Thanks for a great night.

AJ

Comments

• Well played everyone. Twas fun. Thanks AJ for hosting.

hork.
  • Good one AJ, thanks!!!
    Just for the reference, what time did you guys finish it?

Congrats everyone and see you next week,
    K :c:
  • Final Blinds reached I believe was 200/400, and the time was about 11:15. Not too bad I guess. Like I said, I don't mind the late nights if nobody else does.
  • Good night, Congrats Derek!

I thought finishing 5th sucked!...but damn finishing 4th, 1 spot away from the top 3 sucks even more! lol
  • ahhhhhhhhhh.... finishing 6th is worse!

The blind schedule worked well. We were done by 11:20. Interesting, once we got down to 6 or 7 people, we were all fairly short stacked. No one seemed to have a huge stack at that point. All bets pretty much became all-ins except for Hork's brilliant slow play of AA. Come to think of it, people should have recognized that...

Good game. Thanks AJ.
  • How many times did he get dealt bullets last night anyway? I counted at least twice, but it sounds like it could have been at least once more. Just glad I had folded my AJ to his AA in the earlier blind.

I noticed that the stack sizes kept pretty much level throughout for the most part. Chip leader would lose a big stack, then pull it back after a couple of hands. Nobody really walked away with the chip lead, did they? Good solid play all around.
  • STR82ACE wrote:
    How many times did he get dealt bullets last night anyway?  I counted at least twice, but it sounds like it could have been at least once more. 

Me? I was dealt AA once.... i just played all my hands as if they were AA.

Except the hand where the board had two Aces and ACDC had an Ace... then my AA wasn't nearly as believeable.

Oh and just for reference, the T44 flop was a stop-and-go, I had 86s....er I mean, AA.
  • Note to Self:

HORK42 Lies!!!
  • STR82ACE wrote:
    Note to Self:

HORK42 Lies!!!

Next time - Call.
  • ReRead Note to SELF

HORK LIES
  • Yes, once again thanks AJ, and I also would like to say I thought the blind structure was damn near perfect.

Good show all around!!
  • Hork42 wrote:
    STR82ACE wrote:

Oh and just for reference, the T44 flop was a stop-and-go, I had 86s....er I mean, AA.

Ouch.... the only thing I can say is I'm glad I beat you... If I am thinking of the same hand I folded AQ.... Double Ouch
  • Yes, third post in a row...

On the home poker tourney points board, you gave JBird the points I won for coming 2nd... Just pointing out....

Gotta scrape for those bonus points!!!
  • It has been corrected. Apologies.
  • Derek's picture has now replaced Eleanor's in the Champion's section.
    Congrats on the zero to hero status!
    http://www.ontariopokergames.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=43
  • Congrats Derek!
  • I thought I should show my face on the forum.

Thanks for the complements. We'll see how things play out over the next 10 weeks... hopefully I receive more;)

C u Thursday. I'll bring the bling as per AJ's request (although it is quite comfy at my place)