Its Ace Anything REALLY that good.

Growing more and more frustrated with Limit poker.

You bet KK all the way down and some donkey smooth calls to the river where he catches an Ace and takes your monkey.

Is this just something you deal with in Limit?

Comments

• So so true i lost a 6 $ pot same way last night
  • He caught an ace took your monkey?! damn that is a bad beat.
  • zero wrote:
    He caught an ace took your monkey?! damn that is a bad beat.

You gotta learn to protect your monkey.

Ace-anything is not that good... cause it frequently gets beat by Ace-anything+1.
  • The number of times you loose on a river to Ace Anything compared to the number of times you win the hand pays off more monkey then you'd make if they fold early and don't chase. I don't mind loosing the monkey to a ace on the river because more times then not I will win the monkey.
  • HAHAHHAHAHAH ... sorry guys!!!!

In my moment of RAGE :rage: I typed MOnkey ...

I think you all know what I mean
  • I heard it's good to get that monkey off your back
  • LOL!!! :)

Post of the week!
  • If he took my monkey...I would tell him to spank it for me!
  • Shook wrote:
    You bet KK all the way down and some donkey smooth calls to the river where he catches an Ace and takes your monkey.

I don't care what the guy's cards are, there's no excuse for taking your monkey. I'll break someone's arm if they even touch my monkey.

But on a serious note, having someone catch an ace and beat your high PP is such a common thing in LL Hold'em. AA & KK in the hole have so little value in a low limit game, especially when people are chasing like crazy. They could even have 23o and catch 2 pair on the flop... if the board doesn't pair, you're getting beat by a horrible, horrible hand... but that's (low limit) poker for ya.
  • AA & KK in the hole have so little value in a low limit game, especially when people are chasing like crazy.

Ya I hate having those hands. They're only the most profitable hands in LLHE. (actually for some reason my win rate with QQ is slightly higher than KK, I guessing this is statistical variance, or possibly I have more of a difficulty in laying KK down on an Axx flop).
  • I have more of a difficulty in laying KK down on an Axx flop

It's supposed to be difficult. If you always fold (as some people do by rule) you set yourself for some ridiculous bluffing.
  • I guess at 3/6 and 5/1 (The only limits I can afford right now) you have to just accept that people will not laydown hands like Ax and or 8-6 offsuit.

LIMIT ON PARTY POKER SUCKS.
  • LIMIT ON PARTY POKER SUCKS.

And by "sucks" you mean "kicks ass" right?