stealing blinds

I was wondering your feelings on how many xbb your bet is against tight tight to your left versus loose loose? And yes i am on the button.

Comments

• Stealing blinds is important, particularly in the mid- to late-stages of a tournament or sit and go. Stack sizes, however, are almost as important--if not more so--than how tight or loose your opponents in the blinds happen to be. I'm usually reluctant about raising a shortstack's blind unless I have a good hot and cold hand to show down. I think to myself: he has 5XBB left if he folds this one to my raise. So he'll probably fold. And then I think to myself: does he actually know that he can lay this hand down? Will HE think he's committed? Probably... the guy's a monkey. And then I fold.

I'm more inclined to attack average stacks, or stacks that are slightly above average. They have something they want to hold onto while they wait for a big score. Shortstacks and large stacks are, in my general experience, a little more frisky, and I usually avoid trying to steal blinds from them.
  • Thanks for the advice.