Final table...

... if anyone's interested. Watch me piss away my stack in the $109 rebuy on Stars.

Comments

• couldn't find you :'(
  • tournament # 14413746
  • A couple of the Stars regulars there but you got the chips and skills to take this down gl sir.
  • ty... premier and myself have been playing at the same tables for a couple of hours now... we have up until the final table been giving each other a lot of room... checking hands down etc. I have learned that is no longer the case. ;)
  • giv'r devin
  • Im watching.

Go Devin!

PS: How much did you invest via Rebuys, if you dont mind me askin.
  • nada... i've been the chip leader or close to it since the first break

edit: i did an immediate rebuy and I took the add-on, but I thought that might be assumed. None after though... one guy at my first table was into the tournament for about 10 rebuys, but he made the final table too.
  • all_aces wrote:
    nada... i've been the chip leader or close to it since the first break

very very nice hand :)
  • 10 on the river!

Yezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
  • lol i felt that one coming

i was out of my chair, across the room, yelling "ACE! QUEEN! TEN!" and then when that beautiful beautiful ten hit the river i just about lost it.

We're making a 3 way deal now.
  • good job devin

i dont think i wouldve taken smalls' deal... but it works
  • Aces, I watched it all. Full Hizzle to take it baby! Nice win! It's Andy the cameraguy.
  • we had much larger stacks than him... but I probably would have asked for $250 more from each of us.  Oh well... like I said in the chat, to some people $1500 is a lot of money and maybe he didn't want to risk not having it.

Thanks for watching!  I wasn't sure what to write about for next month's CPP magazine... I have to write the article tonight or tomorrow at the latest.  I guess I'll just outline some hands from this tourney.  There were some interesting ones.

Just saw your message Andy. Thanks very much... maybe I'll see you at the next BIPC.
  • wow, nice win. I guess you chopped for 8K ish. Do you still play online poker often? But it seems whenever you do you score majorly.

Checking your past 3 cash finisheson PokerStars:
    10/31/2005 Hold'em NL $100 1 $10,470
    05/31/2005 Hold'em NL $100 9 $425
    05/25/2005 Hold'em NL $100 1 $5,850

All 3 Final tables...keep it up :D
  • Thx Tilter... I have been playing online a lot lately, after taking a couple of months off after WSOP.  Mostly Party SNG's which treat me well.  I moved 1K from Party to Stars two days ago just to see if the action had improved there, and well, I guess it has.  I'm in two of their MTT's right now, actually.

I didn't have much time for poker, especially not for MTT's, but I have some spare time between now and Regina next weekend, and I'm loving it.

All the best!
  • Hey aces don't mean to hijack but I've switched back to playing SnGs mostly and I just want to know if party really is that much softer that I should be moving some $$ there. In the $50 buy-in and higher range say.
  • Yes, Party's SNG's are much softer. You never see the same opponent twice, and from my point of view that's more of a good thing than a bad thing. The SNG action is pretty nuts... like, you never have to wait more than 30 seconds for your game to get started. Action galore. Their blind structure is a bit more aggressive than Stars, but you'll be able to adjust.

I am only speaking from experience at the $200 and $400 buy-in SNG's, btw, but I imagine the $50's and $100's are just as popular if not more so.
  • Cool I guess I'll have to try party. I used to hate their structure but now I kind of like the fast structure (I've been playing turbos on Stars lately) since you don't have to play for too long at a time. Also I like when the blinds are big by the time you're heads up because it makes things easier. I find it hard to play really well heads up on one table while having to play 2 or 3 other tables at the same time. Save the long heads up battles for the end of big MTTs when they have my full attention, let's get all-in preflop with some rags and get another table open!
  • Hey aces,

Anywhere I can find the total or semi-total results from your big win Monday night without downloading PP?
  • Hey G,

If by 'results' you mean details of the deal that was made, here is a quote from the CPP article about this tournament, which I just submitted:

Our stacks were as follows:

8ivyleague8: 242,239
    all aces: 236,076
    gsmalls30: 81,185

The original prize structure for the tournament paid first place $10470, second place $6980, and third $4153.10.  The chip count deal would see 8ivyleague8 receiving $8147.92, me getting $7972.02, and gsmalls30 getting $5483.16.  I was happy receiving an amount that fell nicely between first- and second-place money, but I wasn’t sure that gsmalls30 would take the deal.  Certainly, the people watching the tournament weren’t helping matters any.  They were telling gsmalls30 that he was, essentially, getting screwed by taking about $1300 more than third place money when he could have a shot at first-place money instead.  These were reasonable points, but gsmalls30 eventually took the deal.  He probably could have squeezed a hundred or two more out of me and 8ivyleague8, but it didn’t come to that.
  • Thanks. I didn't mean to pry you with the financial info, just finishing results, but thank you.
  • Congrats A_A. I was watching, but the site wouldn't let me
    use the chat window. Some BS about not having enough cash
    in my account. I did, but who ya gonna complain to?
    Support? lmao

PS, I liked the "I'm a WSOP final tablist, so I should get
    more than I deserve" remark during the chop discussion. lol
  • lol tx, I was hoping some of you would get a kick out of that.  I believe someone on the rail asked: "What's the deal going to be based on?"  I said: "It should be based on the fact that I'm a WSOP final tablist, and get more than I deserve.  But I think it'll probably just be based on chip count.  ;)"
  • I like that fact that you didn't even stop at saying that you merely deserved more.

ScottyZ
  • Exactly... I thought "more than I deserve" had a nicer ring to it.