Bluffing Frequency at low buyin no limit

Hey guys,

Just wondering what your experiences have been with bluffing frequency at low buyin (25, 50, 100) no limit tables. My experience has been that a big re-raise on the later streets is a bluff less than 1 in 10 times and is usually always at least 2 pair. I've been making notes on players that I have seen bluff, but I will usually fold in these situations to a player I have no read on if I feel my hand is no good. At the same time, i'm trying to avoid playing too weak, but I don't know how to make the judgement call without a read/previous notes on the player. How often do you see big bluffs at these limits?

Comments

• I think the key word there is the "re" in re-raise. I wouldn't expect a bluff RAISE from a player at these limits, unless you make a particularly weak-looking bet into an aggressive player. I think the most frequent times you'll see a bluff is if you check the river into an aggressive player that ended up missing their draw. An aggressive player sees this as weakness, and will often make a last-ditch attempt at picking up the pot with a significant overbet.
  • Sorry, misworded my original post. I was referring to raises, not reraises. What you said fits in with what I've seen. I've never seen a re-raise bluff at these limits. I've seen a re-raise with the 2nd/3rd nuts into the nuts, but not as a bluff. At these limits i've been winning pretty consistently and my biggest leak has been calling a raise to "see if he has what I think he has", when deep down I know I'm beat. I've gotten a lot better at that though as well as paying a lot more attention to hands i'm not in to build up my player notes.
  • I've started reading Harrington's books, and I've been pretty impressed thus far. One nugget of advice I'll toss out is to always, always, always get into the habit of first figuring out what kind of pot odds your call is getting you BEFORE you try to put your opponent on a range of hands. Big difference between making a call with a decent hand getting 10:1 than making a call with a decent hand getting 3:2 vs the same player.