OK, beat me up

I still can't believe she went $22 pre-flop

Stage #215370398: Holdem No Limit $0.50 - 2005-10-30 12:18:32 (ET)
Table: CONCORD LN. (Real Money) Seat #7 is the dealer
Seat 7 - ILUVMEG ($304.50 in chips)
Seat 8 - KUTTMAN757 ($48 in chips)
Seat 1 - HAZDING ($57.95 in chips)
Seat 2 - ESQUIRE80 ($185.45 in chips)
Seat 3 - PITTY06 ($48.50 in chips)
Seat 4 - KMAC10304 ($98.50 in chips)
Seat 5 - GAUGE4U ($65.65 in chips)
Seat 6 - 4KAHOLE ($48.20 in chips)
KUTTMAN757 - Posts small blind $0.50
ESQUIRE80 - Posts big blind $1
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to 4KAHOLE [Ad Ah]
PITTY06 - Folds
KMAC10304 - Calls $1
GAUGE4U - Raises $2 to $2
4KAHOLE - Raises $4 to $4
ILUVMEG - Folds
KUTTMAN757 - Folds
ESQUIRE80 - Calls $3
KMAC10304 - Calls $3
GAUGE4U - Raises $20 to $22
4KAHOLE - Calls $18
ESQUIRE80 - Folds
KMAC10304 - Folds
*** FLOP *** [5s Kd 3h]
GAUGE4U - Bets $43
4KAHOLE - Folds
GAUGE4U - returned ($43) : not called
*** SHOW DOWN ***
GAUGE4U - Shows [4h 4c] (One pair, fours)
GAUGE4U Collects $49.90 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($52.50) | Rake ($2.60)
Board [5s Kd 3h]
Seat 2: ESQUIRE80 (big blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 3: PITTY06 Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 4: KMAC10304 Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 5: GAUGE4U collected Total ($49.90) HI:($49.90) with One pair, fours [4h 4c - P:4h,P:4c,B:Kd,B:5s,B:3h]
Seat 6: 4KAHOLE Folded on the FLOP
Seat 7: ILUVMEG (dealer) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 8: KUTTMAN757 (small blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS

Comments

• Flat calling the final pre-flop raise (a viable trapping play as viewed on its own, though even this is questionable with the stack sizes as they are) is absolutely horrible if you are planning on folding on an uncoordinated raggedy flop.

ScottyZ
  • I suppose I should've been ready to go down in flames anyway, but could I have put her on anything but K's? And even so, I guess I should have rode it out. If I could have reraised all-in, I probably would have.
  • I'm pretty hungover but I don't understand what happened here....
  • funkymunky wrote:
    ...but could I have put her on anything but K's?...

Assuming opponents are playing logically at $0.50-$1.00 NL is a major tactaical error. Even still, the most straightforward players at this limit could easily have AK here.

The error was pre-flop. If, anticipating the flop, you decided you would fold if the flop contained a King, raising all-in pre-flop is the correct play.

ScottyZ
  • i'd beat you up, but you seem to be doing a pretty good job of it yourself...

;)

but seriously, that is an easy call for me... the king is likely what she hit playing her AK.... with AA this is such a good flop
  • If it only cost you $25 to realise the magnitude of the error such that you'll never do it again, it's fine.

We all screw up.
  • I smell a rat.
    Chip passing perhaps......

Hobbes
  • Hobbes wrote:
    I smell a rat.
    Chip passing perhaps......

Hobbes

This is a cash game.

ScottyZ
  • So then it would be money laundering?.......lmao
  • BBC Z wrote:
    If it only cost you $25 to realise the magnitude of the error such that you'll never do it again, it's fine.

We all screw up.

Whew! I think I got off lightly! I thought you were going to be much harder on me!
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    funkymunky wrote:
    ...but could I have put her on anything but K's?...

Assuming opponents are playing logically at $0.50-$1.00 NL is a major tactaical error. Even still, the most straightforward players at this limit could easily have AK here.

The error was pre-flop. If, acticipating the flop, you decided you would fold if the flop contained a King, raising all-in pre-flop is the correct play.

ScottyZ

This was probably the hardest part. When I was sitting there after the hand, I was thinking how could I have called, if I was only going to fold if the board had a king.

And yes, assuming people play normal is a mistake.

And, yes people, I am a newb at poker. I was the guy who started the thread, where I went out early in a tourney playing crap cards.
  • I'm sure we've all played equally bad hands when we were learning the game, it happens. Still ugly to look at though. :D
  • To add to your learning experience....add people who are worse than you to your buddy list on the site.
    Sit to their left, put on your best bib and wait for the feast to begin  :D

Oh, and P.S. - they :fish: will suck out on you now and then :rage: lol
  • Sorry

I hate your line all the way..

I think you got to re raise to 8$ and then push over the big raise.. Gotta get your money in PF here when you get this chance..

Forgetting PF your still way ahead so many times on that flop you have to call... It's a K high rainbow! the # of times he has KK compared to the # of times AA holds makes a call worth it..
    No way he has 2 pair or a set of 5's or 3's

NL cash game and a chance to get your money in PF you have to get your money in! You got AA and action! what more do you want!
  • Tigerscott wrote:
    Sorry

I hate your line all the way..

I think you got to re raise to 8$ and then push over the big raise.. Gotta get your money in PF here when you get this chance..

Forgetting PF your still way ahead so many times on that flop you have to call... It's a K high rainbow! the # of times he has KK compared to the # of times AA holds makes a call worth it..
    No way he has 2 pair or a set of 5's or 3's

NL cash game and a chance to get your money in PF you have to get your money in! You got AA and action! what more do you want!

Congrats on joining the party 4 days late. OP already understands his mistake, I dont understand the point of rubbing it in.
  • Yeah I'm slow..
  • C'mon, Tiger. You've been too busy winning tourneys. Just not for your teammates... :'(