Satelite your way into the Canadian Poker Championships

Comments

• Tilter wrote:

Looks good but why is the Canadian Poker Championship not in umm Canada?
  • AcesUp wrote:
    Tilter wrote:

Looks good but why is the Canadian Poker Championship not in umm Canada?
    The only thing I can think of, is the gambling law set by LGC (Lottery Gaming Commision) set in Canada, where I think only a maximum of $1000 or something can be wagered (but then River Rock is having those 2K Events)?!?

And who'd want to meet up in ICY Canada when they can go to the Bahamas!
  • Is there a residency requirement or is the "Canadian" championship open to anyone? I couldn't find anything on that page. Maybe I 'll have to put some money back on party.
  • SirWatts wrote:
    Is there a residency requirement or is the "Canadian" championship open to anyone?  I couldn't find anything on that page.  Maybe I 'll have to put some money back on party.

The only thing Canadian is the Title.

Canadians are the second highest amount of players on Party.

This is just marketing!
  • OK Ifigured that was likely the case.
  • Canadians are the second highest amount of players on Party.

Without meaning to sound all confrontational at all... how do you know this? It certainly seems to be the case in most of the SNG's I play.
  • all_aces wrote:

Without meaning to sound all confrontational at all... how do you know this? It certainly seems to be the case in most of the SNG's I play.
    I would have to think 1st US, 2nd Europe, then 3rd Canadians. So since they for WPT EPT they;ll try to advertise for CPC (sorta :P )
  • all_aces wrote:

Without meaning to sound all confrontational at all... how do you know this?  It certainly seems to be the case in most of the SNG's I play.

Hello my name is cliff and I am from Boston.

I do remember reading this somewhere.
  • see u there
  • Atlantis is a fantastic hotel so if they are holding the tournament there, it should be incredible! Don't see any details on the Atlantis website yet.

PokerJim
  • Cant wait to start playing these sattelites. GL to all forum people
  • harthgosh wrote:
    see u there

So I'm assuming you will be there harthgosh?