Home tourny this Saturday

Is anyone from here going to the hold'em tourny some guys is having at his place in the Woodbridge area. Apparently there will be aroud 30 players. I heard about it from a friend and I will be there.

Comments

• I don't even know where woodbridge is :(
  • Limit or No Limit? what's the buy-in? Any more spots?
  • I believe it is no limit with a $100 buy in, no rebuys. I am told all of the spots are spoken for. It is a friend of mine's co-worker that is holding the tourny so I do not know a whole lot yet. I do not know if they really know what they are doing but I am sure I will find out in a few days. :lol:
  • Wow, no limit home game - you are brave! I know I don't have the skill necessary to play a no limit game hahaha I'd be freaking out! hehe
  • No limit "tournament", not actually money....The top three finishers get paid out. All I risk losing is my $100 buy in.
  • esool wrote:
    . All I risk losing is my $100 buy in.

....Well possibly more if I get knocked out early because then there will be side games starting up..Which isn't a bad thing either because I will be playing with the losers that couldn't cut it. :twisted:... But then that would make me one of them! :shock:

"If you can't spot the sucker at the table within the first thirty minutes then you're the sucker" :lol:
  • I think I should convince our home group to have one tourney game a year for $100 or something. Might be fun.
  • If you wanna try No Limit, just have smaller buy-ins. The game will still have the strategy and feel of No Limit. Definetly different than your normal friendly low limit game where nobody folds and everybody goes fishing.
  • I agree. I reluctantly played in a $25 home tourny and it was as much fun as playing for bigger $$. No matter what the buy in you want to WIN!
  • Well the Saturday game went off well, I end up doing ok.
    It took 8 hours to finally get to 1 winner. All of the guys seemed to know how to play "poker" but quite a few had never played "Hold'em" before and constantly needed to be reminded of the blinds, who's deal it was, who's bet it was, chip placement, why the small blind has to put in more chips pre flop etc etc :evil: Since I was the outsider and did not know any of these guys I tried to keep my "help" low key. :)