Rigged are not

Like i said in one of my other post,i"ve been rivered so much i bought a boat.Some people think that online gaming is not rigged.I was on a final table the other night when the chip leader said the heck with it and bet like a mad man.His first four hands he bet like an unreal amout and would get a call when someone calling him went all-in.Now he won 4 in a row,yes its possible to do but he played anything like 5 9 or even 2 7 and he would win.What are the odds of that happening.I think on online poker if you join a tourney,i think the winners pick even before you start.The computer nos whats been folded and what you have,honestly how would we know whats going on when for one you dont see the cards shuffled or even dealt out.What do you think?

Comments

• I think someones been reading too many conspiracy theories.
  • If you don't like the outcomes....don't play. Believe me...bad beats happen as much live as they do online.
  • dont complain they happen too all BELIEVE ME
  • It's not, although sometimes it may FEEL like it is.  I swear Pokerstars and their runner runner beats kill me, but I  seriously doubt it's rigged.  Had a hand the other day where I'm allin KK preflop in a MTT and get called by QJo.  Flop comes K rag rag.  I flippantly say to myself "Great, just gotta dodge that AT combo"... Umm you know how it ends...  Realistically though, I'm a 5:1 favourite since the chips went in preflop, the turn/river combo doesn't matter.  I had a guy telling me how lucky I was in a SNG when my KK sucked out vs. his AA (allin preflop) (25 min later) when I'm dominating him heads up.  He's telling me how I had like a 4% chance to win, and of course like a moron I start to correct the fish...  That's a leak I seriously need to plug, but when people start bitching about my play when they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground... Ugh, I'm on tilt.  It's not rigged, it's poker.
  • All poker is rigged. I think live poker is more rigged. After all when AA takes on 8 9 off and the board comes A K 10 5 3 all spades saving the poor 8 9 on an all in....... what could be more rigged. And that happened at WSPC sat tourney thank god not to me.....
  • I think the reason that people think online is rigged, is because the number of hands you see per hour is significantly higher, meaning you see more suckouts per hour, and since suckouts tend to stay in your memory more than say, that time that AA beat AJo, you trick yourself into thinking it's rigged.

Mark
  • The tourny outcomes must be decided even before you pay your buy in.

Today I got AA twice in a row, I was a massive chip leader in an 8 seat $30+3, I bet 300 pre flop on the first one, got 2 callers, flop was rag, I bet 1200, one caller who went all in, he flips over quad 6s, 3 of them on the board, one in his hand to go with his 8. 68 off and he calls a 300 bet? Must be rigged.

Second time right after that I get AA again, everyone has put me on tilt so I push all in. Get one caller, he has the infamous 48o, and of course the flop comes 88 rag. Again, it must be rigged.

Even B&M's are rigged, my AA at GBH got cracked by J6o too.

Poker is rigged.
  • MDSGuy:

You didn't say if these 2 were short stacked and possibly about to blind out and that may have been the best had that they saw in a while.

Otherwise you may have just run into some loose (or bad) players.
    What were they generally playing like?

Hobbes

PS if you think the game at the B&M is rigged call the cops. It's called fraud......
  • I think Zithal's is rigged.

Just ask JohnnieH.
  • I was being just a tad sarcastic. :D