Having online poker headaches

Hi i just started playing online poker and it sure can be fun.But i sure ran across a problem on one site.I"am not sure what the odds are but i have never been rivered so much in my life.My odds of getting rivered on a big bet or 50% or more.I sent in a complaint and they thought it was a joke.So who do you talk to you feel you"ve been taken for a ride?Thx

Comments

• You're just in experiencing one of the many streaks that will happen to every player...

If the site you are playing on is a big-name site, be assured that what they use to determine randomness is reliable and on the level. Worst thing that could happen to one of those sites is to lose the trust of their users by using shady algorithms.

They make money off rake (the more players, the better)
  • Hork42 wrote:

They make money off rake (the more players, the better)
    And lots of it!

Online poker is not rigged.
  • If you play enough in real life i'll happen to you too. I play a lot on line and A LOT live. I went out of a large tournament on the weekend HOW?????? First when a short stack on the flush draw called my all in with top 2 pair. Left short stacked (about 10K in chips with blinds of 800/1600 with a 200 ante) I pushed all in with my AQ and get called by a large stack with a 66..... coin toss then I hit the A on the flop. River brought a 6.. he hit a 2 outter to eliminate me. NOW live poker....that's rigged......
  • You made the mistake of playing a 6 outer against a 66. Too many sixes - you got deep sixed.
  • moose04 wrote:
    You made the mistake of playing a 6 outer against a 66. Too many sixes - you got deep sixed.

A sure sign of the devil...... damn I didn't even see that...... All that skewling and still missed it.
  • Dogbites wrote:
    So who do you talk to you feel you"ve been taken for a ride?
    The "hand". :D
  • Have to remember that online you Play A LOT more hands..
    It may help add to your frustration on being rivered.
    Sounds like your playing well though if your ahead at the turn so often..
  • Study your hands - are you asking/offering people to chase? Maybe you have a leak that needs to be filled.
    Look at yourself first.

If it's happening too often for your liking don't play at that site - they can't all be rigged. You don't have to
    play anywhere you don't want to - withdraw and move on. Personally, I just did that exact thing - not for better
    cards so much as needing a change of pace, scenery etc. - anything to help get re-focused after my worse
    run ever online.

Also, get out and play some live games.
    Read.
    Leave the computer for a while.
  • Hey AcidJoe, I don't think your beat was as bad as mine that weekend...was next to you at table 9. Went all in with pocket 10s, get called by A10s...flop gives me trips...turn is an ace...river is an ace... lol!

I dealt myself that hand too :D
  • Ya bad beats are part of poker. I think I actually had a first last night tho.... I played AA into an eight way pot (I was on the button) in a 2/5 game at rama and won. My raising didn't chase many out but the pot sure was nice when I took it down. I figured it was going nowhere but the AA held up.... AMAZING.
  • to the OP:
    You'll suckout on a lot of your opponents too. When it happens, don't forget it, and be thankful. Everybody sucks out from time to time. As long as you've got the odds to play, you can chase. If your opponents don't have the odds to play but they do, you win money.................

How many times do we see threads of people complaining of suckouts? Its poker! Get used to it!
  • Oni5000 wrote:
    Hey AcidJoe, I don't think your beat was as bad as mine that weekend...was next to you at table 9.  Went all in with pocket 10s, get called by A10s...flop gives me trips...turn is an ace...river is an ace... lol!

I dealt myself that hand too  :D

That sounds kind of rigged to me....... :D