Bristol St. Classic 2005 GRAND FINAL - ANNOUNCED!! - Dec 3rd

The 2005 Bristol St. Classic Grand Final, the only invitiational event on the Bristol St. Circuit has been announced and will be taking place on Saturday, Dec. 3rd, starting at 2pm.

This will be a $40, 18 person max. Freezeout. $10,000 chips and a blind schedule to match. (TBA) Two tables of 9 players each. Top 3 payout.

Entry is earned in one of three ways.

1) Win a Bristol Street Classic tournament in 2005 and your seat is reserved. (You will need to confirm your attendance)

2) The remaining places (up to 16) will be award to players highest on the points list. As player confirm or decline, additional players will be invited.

3) Two spots will be declared "Wild Card" seats and will be determined in a special Nov 30th $10 freeze-out tournament at Bristol Street. This tournament is open to people who do not yet have a seat in the Grand Finals. The top 2 players win an inivitation to the tournament.

There will be two Bristol Street Classic tournaments left in the season (tentatively scheduled for Nov 2nd and Nov 23rd -- official announcements to come) Once the tournament on the 23rd is complete, invitations will begin to go out for those people who are highest on the points list.

The winner of this tournament will be named "Bristol Street 2005 Champion" and we be added to a special "Hall of Fame" that we'll be beginning this year.

Keep your eyes on this thread for announcements and updates.

Comments

• The Players

1. "Ineedanick" Dave (XII)
    2. "Lamb of" John A. (XIII)
    3. "Slippery" Pete A. (XIV)
    4. "Hughjazz" Dom (XV)
    5. "Flint Bones" Andrew S. (XVI)
    6. "Pinhead" Brad (XVII)
    7. "TNORTH" Tom N. (XIX) (?)
    8. "Dirty Whore" Mark B. (XX)
    9. "The Prophet22" Brent (XXI)
    10. "Redington" Tyson J. (107points)
    11. "ItaMe" Mario (90points)
    12. "batmankw" Dave S. (90points) (?)
    13. "Zithal" Rob L. (89points)
    14. Kevin F. (89points)
    15. "8Ball" Tye Z. (89points)
    16. "Oragami" Jonathan C. (87points)
    17. "Shopsy" Jeff S. (87points)
    18. <WILD CARD>

NEXT THREE ON THE LIST...

1. "Ionstorm" Ian (82points)
    2. "JohnnieH" Johhnie H. (81points)
    3. "g2" Greg (81points)

CONFIRMED OUT...

"beanie42" Trevor (XVIII)
    "Big Daddy" Paul W. (XI)
  • The Format

$40 Freezout - 18 Players (squishy 9 players per table) - $10,000 in chips - 2pm start time. 1/2 hour blind levels

1. 25-25
    2. 25-50
    3. 50-100
    4. 75-150
    5. 100-200

20 min break

6. 100-200 25 ante
    7. 150-300 50 ante
    8. 200-400 50 ante
    9. 300-600 100 ante

One hour dinner break - race off (25) chips

10. 400-800 100 ante
    11. 600-1,200 200 ante
    12. 800-1,600 200 ante
    13. 1,000-2,000 300 ante
    14. 1,200-2,400 300 ante

20 minunte break - Race off (100) chips.

15. 1,500-3,000 500 ante
    16. 2,000-4,000 500 ante
    17. 2,500-5,000 500 ante
    18. 3,000-6,000 1,000 ante
    19. 4,000-8,000 1,000 ante
    20. 5,000-10,000 1,000 ante
    21. 6,000-12,000 2,000 ante
  • I'll be there. Sounds great, Rob!
  • I am %100 for sure. count me in rob.

P.S. i miss you rob...........

and i miss playing at bristol..............almost as much as i miss you rob!!

ha

Johnny
  • Did I miss an invite?

Ill be there... well if I am invited :D
  • I don't want to post this, but...

Due to family commitments, I will be unable to attend. However, in the unlikely event that the date/time gets changed, I would like to be able to "reclaim" my seat if it works. I'm sorry I'm gonna miss this one...
    Redington wrote:
    Did I miss an invite?
    No invite for the "bridesmaids", lol. You just have to wait a few weeks, then you'll get yours! :)
  • I have a few questions:

What happens to Trevors seat? (Or anyone else's seat who is unable to attend.) Will they go to the highest ranked person on the Points Leaderboard, or will more Wildcard seats open up?
    Can a BSC Champ sell their seat?

Just wondering.

JohnnieH

EDIT: Extra question--Can a Bristol Champ whom can't play, pay the buy-in, and just blind-out?
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    That would be great, I might be able to make some money out of being busy! Seriously though, I hope that I can't do this. This would allow someone who played over there head to get the seat (like me :) ) to give the seat to someone with a better shot of winning.
    JohnnieH wrote:
    EDIT: Extra question--Can a Bristol Champ whom can't play, pay the buy-in, and just blind-out?
    That is actually interesting, and depending on the blind length, it just might (barely) work. Glad you're actually thinking this through Johnnie!
  • what about people who got 2nds at bristols in the last year?

thats still doing well isnt it? coudl they be invited to play that game too?

Johnny
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    I have a few questions:

What happens to Trevors seat? (Or anyone else's seat who is unable to attend.) Will they go to the highest ranked person on the Points Leaderboard, or will more Wildcard seats open up?

A few answers. If anyone can't make it, the spot(s) will open up to the next player(s) on the points list. There will be a maximum of 2 Wildcard seats. Seats cannot be sold.
    JohnnieH wrote:

Kinda kills the spirit of the game but I won't disallow it. I will discourage it however (as I'd rather see live players at the tourney)
  • Cool, Thanks

Somehow I don't think that there'll be any empty seats!!

JohnnieH
  • Not to reply on behalf of Pinhead...but, I believe he returns from Europe a couple of days prior to Dec 3.
    If he's on Cdn soil...i'm sure he'd be in.
  • Our own DrTyore has been added to the reserve list to the Grand Final. I've also reduced the number of wildcards from 2 to 1, (but the wild card tournament will only be open to players that are not in the Grand Final.
  • The invitations will go out soon, but I've included the top points leaders on the board above. If your name is not in bold, please confirm your attendance to me!!
  • Count me in for sure.
  • Finally signed up for an account....

Please consider me confirmed, I wouldn't miss it!