Where did I go wrong.

Party Poker 3-6 Limit Game

- I am in the SB with QQ (I only have like $35.00 left at the table)
- UTG Raises to $6
- Button Raises to $9
- I call
- BB Calls
- Flop seems to have missed everyone (2,4,7 Rainbow)
- I bet out $3
- BB Folds
- UTG Raises to $6
- Button Calls
- I raise (Thinking only Trips, and Higher pockets call)
- Both Players Call
- Turn 9
- I bet
- Both Call
- River Ace
- I check
- Others Check

UTG - AK
BB - 1010
Me - QQ

UTG - "SUCEKERS ... YOU BOTH PLAYED YOUR HANDS WRONG"

Did I do something wrong. I was consistantly sucked out of hands like this last night.

HOW ELSE COULD I PLAY THIS????

I AK really that good?

Thanks Guys.

P.S. If you think my post is gay or whatever ... save the trash talk and just move along, I am just trying to get some useful input.

Comments

• I think I play it the same way except that I probably reraise preflop. I reraise the flop like you did, thinking that if its capped im probably against AA or KK. The check on the river is good, abd I think i'd fold if theres a bet because i'm 95% sure someone has an ace. If theres something wrong with how you played it I'd like to know as mcuh as you.
  • My 2 cents:

Preflop:
    I cap it. (It's possible you could lose UTG here if you cap, but unlikely given his hand).

Flop:

I lead here and 3 bet a raise (unless I think I can potentially C/R the turn). Given that you had played the queens slow preflop I would not have led the flop, I probably would have been more inclined to check-raise the button, forcing the other player to call 2 cold.

Turn: I bet, same as you.

River: It's close. I possibly bet here for value, but depends heavily on my reads of the other players. I'd worry about a hand like AK-AJ beating me here given the flat calls on the turn. I think I probably bet here vs. one opponent and check it vs 2 or more.

As far as UTG's comments about the hand, he didn't play it fantastically either. Personally, I would have capped it preflop, and bet the river. The flop I'm not 100% sure whether I prefer calling or raising.
  • Cap preflop and check/call the river. The pot is way too big to fold. Actually in my line you may only have $8 in front of you on the river in which case it would be worth betting the river just in case you still have the best hand since they can only raise you $2 more when youre wrong. OK if this fool is going to check TPTK after you check then maybe check/calling is still best. The clearest mistake in this hand is UTG not betting the river. He cost himself $12. Your flop call is the next biggest mistake and TT guy might have been able to find a fold somwhere, though since you didn't cap preflop it's not entirely obvious that you have him beat so I guess he played the hand right. Are you 95% sure zero? Are you sure it's not 94%? Assuming the button calls if UTG bets you'd have to call if you were only 94%. There's lots of hands they could both have here that are behind you so folding would be pretty bad. I promise you are good much more than 1/19.
  • Sirwatts, what hands could utg have after just calling the turn? He definately doesnt have trips, and if he had AA-KK he'd be raising. He could have 10-10 or JJ, but if he does he already thinks he's behind to an overpair since hes not raising the turn and hes not going to bet into an ace on the river. I think AX is the only realistic hand he could have here if he bets.
  • I think AX is the only realistic hand he could have here if he bets.

Umm, but what about the unrealistic hands? An insane bluff attempt with a small pocket pair? KQ that missed their overcards and is going to bluff the ace? Add the fact that a check might very well induce a bluff here, and I think this a pretty obvious call. Your hand is way too good to be folding for one bet on the river in a pot that big.
  • PREFLOP:  I smooth call the 3bet.  When you come out capping, if either is holding AA or KK, theyre just going to put you on a big (but smaller) PP and punish you from the get-go. While if their holding TT or JJ, your going to slow them down completely if the flop comes favourable (all rags). Not to mention the fact your going to be playing the hand out of position.

Watching to see whether UTG caps it preflop will give you a better idea of how to play the hand postflop...because we can safely scratch AA and KK from his holdings if he doesnt cap...making this hand a matter of whether we are ahead of the 3bettor.  The best case scenario here is that were dealing with JJ and TT but its fairly likely that we have to dodge A's and K's if were not already behind AA or KK.

I would only cap here if I felt both players had slighly loose raising and 3betting standards.

FLOP:  After capping preflop, you almost have to lead the flop here.  But its likely to be raised (and sometimes reraised) coming back to you.  My line would be if its only raised once, I would 3bet.  If its raised and 3bet coming back, I would smooth call and lead the turn.

TURN: value bet

RIVER: checking
  • I don't think you did anything wrong...

Call or Cap pre-flop... based on the opponents style...
    Lead and 3-bet the flop...
    Value bet the turn...

Frankly, I think Mr. AK calling your turn bet is worse than anything you do...
    He calls the getting about 10 to 1 (currently, with the button left to act) trying to hit a 6 outer that is likely drawing dead more than half the time... put him on you buddy list!
  • I think I play it the same way preflop/postflop. Flat-call preflop, bet-call the raise on the flop, then check call the rest of the way.