Tony G, over the line?

I'm not sure if it was an old show or not, but on the weekend I saw a tournament with Tony G in Paris @ the Aviation Club (which he ended up losing to Surinder in heads-up, thank god), but I was just wondering if anyone else thought he was over the line with some of his comments, and how loud he was getting?

I understand that rattling opponents is a huge part of his strategy, but c'mon, he was just being an a**hole!

I still enjoy watching him, because he cracks me up, but I think he crosses the line. And of course when he loses, he's as quiet as a mouse.

Comments

• I wanted to beat the living @#$% out of him just watching that crap. I guess the pros can learn to calm themselves but from my perspective it's unacceptable. I'd be asking for a time penalty and then would have proceeded to steal half his stack in blinds (although they'd never impose that stiff of a penalty headsup when he got REALLY bad). From what I remember they even had Shana ask Mr. Luske what they should do with him and he thought he should get a warning. I mean who the heck does this guy think he is? Someday he's going to piss off the wrong person that has a few idiot friends to back him up and he's going to get the @#% beaten out of him in the parking lot. Ugh...this thread has put me on tilt I think...
  • Ya he really seems to shine at the Aviation club. Maybe it is the altitude?

He was a Grade A jerk. I'm surprised no one told him to STFU. He probably got beat up a lot as a kid. He needs a good punch in the mouth. Just like someone else I know.
  • I was watching too, and at first I got pissed off. I do think he crossed the line more than once. I could not help but hate him too.

I am sure it got everone off their game.
  • At first i thought what a jerk then as it got worst a was hoping for a penalty on him. I would not want to play him he is a jerk and the fact after he knocks them out he goes over and says sorry that's when i would ram a fist down his throat. that would shut him up lol.
  • It annoyed me as well - although I found the "I'll drink your blood" comments hilarious as
    a) Tony G is about as scary looking as Eric Seidel
    b) With his accent and somewhat slurred speech you could hardly tell what he was saying
  • I also enjoy Tony G's psychological babble, but I strongly agree that he crossed the line at the final table and should have been penalized. Threatening and insulting fellow players should not be tolerated. He became the John McEnroe of poker in that final table.
    I still enjoy watching him, because he cracks me up, but I think he crosses the line.
  • i think it was awesome. When i saw it I couldnt believe it, but the more times i saw it the more i enjoy it. Speaking of Tony G. He came by the house the other nite to visit noah, and he was very cool imo, for sure not deserving a fist down the throat.
  • God, I'd love to see Tony G, Mike Matusow and Phil Hellmuth battle at a final table. I really think Phil would through the first punch! :D
  • Tony G rules.

At least he's not boring like most players. He's also funny (to me) because he's SO over the top, not plain irritating/geeky like Matusow.

Ryan
  • i dont think he crosses the line. IMO u should be able to say whatever the hell u want to players (in limitation). he works it beautifully to his advantage and makes for good tv!
  • this is riduculous, this isn't anything like Phi Hellmuth as people have been comparing him to. Phil pretends to be all nice until he loses a hand, then he flips out. Tony G. rattles people intentionally and is up front about it, you'll never see him "blow up" like hellmuth or matusow and every time someone gets eliminated he shakes their hand and leaves it all on the table. I have absolutely no difficulty believing Tony G is a class act and appreciate his ablities, trash talking is a viable table skill and he uses it very well. He induces calls and forces laydowns with his talk and i give him full credit. Everyone needs to lay off him