Great Canadian Tournament

I Got into the tourney today. Started with 5000 in chips blinds started at 100-200 and blinds going up every 10 min.  Got into the first round and got to low to med chips around 1800 with 1 player out at my table. Tables were of 11, clawed my way back to 3 way semi bullied my way around 2nd in chips all 3 of us were about even about 2500 - 3000 separated us took out the 3rd guy and heads up blinds were 4000 - 8000 got  :7d :7h in the small blind raised all -in he contemplated for about 4 or 5 min then folded.  About 3 to 1 chip lead on him, next hand  :6h :6s he limps in I re-raise all-in again for about 8 - 10 min then folds.  Next hand I am small blind  :ah :9c he goes all in for less than he doesn't have enough for the big blind he has 5700 I think I am small blind for 4000 to me 1300 more what else I call he has 77 I end up spiking a 9 on the river to win the first round.

Semi-finals 2nd hand in I am in the big blind  :ah :9h I raise pre-flop to 1800 with 2 callers  1 being the small blind first guy folds small guy calls right away so I think he might have A K anyways flop comes 559 he checks I go all-in for 3700 he calls 3500 he turns over A 5 OS I flipped out I am left with 2 chips 200  I am the button goes all the way around the table then the blinds go up to 200-400 I don't even have enough for the big blind 3 other callers I quadruple up to 800 keeps on snowballing and now I am heads up with the chip leader with 6500 not to bad with 200 left in chips. 1st hand Q C 5 C big blind he limos in blinds are only 300-600  so I check flop comes Q J 9 I go all in with top pair he calls with you guessed it he had 10 8 I was done I win that round I go to the final table but know such luck.

It was good to see Acid Joe, Aimee, Dead Money, esool, compuease & The Prophet 22.

Cameron
WSPC

Comments

• where was this tourney?!
    was it posted?
  • The moderators of this forum did not allow posts regarding it...ask them why!
  • BLAZIN 72 wrote:
    Semi-finals 2nd hand in I am in the big blind  :ah :9h I raise pre-flop to 1800 with 2 callers  1 being the small blind first guy folds small guy calls right away so I think he might have A K anyways flop comes 559 he checks I go all-in for 3700 he calls 3500 he turns over A 5 OS I flipped out I am left with 2 chips 200  I am the button goes all the way around the table then the blinds go up to 200-400 I don't even have enough for the big blind 3 other callers I quadruple up to 800 keeps on snowballing and now I am heads up with the chip leader with 6500 not to bad with 200 left in chips. 1st hand Q C 5 C big blind he limos in blinds are only 300-600  so I check flop comes Q J 9 I go all in with top pair he calls with you guessed it he had 10 8 I was done I win that round I go to the final table but know such luck.
    I have a team of cunning linguists going over this carefully. I'll let you know as soon as they lick it.
  • 13CARDS wrote:
    The moderators of this forum did not allow posts regarding it...ask them why!
    Why?? :D
    It's too bad that the organizers did not publicize it properly. Four hundred more people could have played had they known about it. :'(
    BLAZIN 72 wrote:
    I have a team of cunning linguists going over this carefully. I'll let you know as soon as they lick it.
    LOL! Now I understand why I was taught about punctuation and run-on sentences in elementary school. ;-)
  • Dead money made it to the semi finals. I hope he won the 10k.
  • 13CARDS wrote:

The reason they took it off the forum was because of the spam that was going on as a result of this tournament.
  • 13CARDS wrote:

Maybe you meant to say:

The moderators of this forum did not allow posts regarding it...look at the FAQ: Forum Posting Guidelines thread to find out why!

ScottyZ
  • do we know who actually won the tournament? Was it one of the lucky 88 that were preselected?  I lined up at 5:30am (for some strange reason) and found out some people showed up at 10:30am and still go in.  The only advantage of lining up early was you got to play in the first round.  Most of us were done by 10am so it made for an early day.  Hopefully the upcoming tournament will have a small turnout as well but with more $$ on the line, I would expect it to fill up early.

PokerJim
  • pokerjim wrote:
    do we know who actually won the tournament? Was it one of the lucky 88 that were preselected?  I lined up at 5:30am (for some strange reason) and found out some people showed up at 10:30am and still go in.  The only advantage of lining up early was you got to play in the first round.  Most of us were done by 10am so it made for an early day.  Hopefully the upcoming tournament will have a small turnout as well but with more $$ on the line, I would expect it to fill up early.

PokerJim

READ THIS ONE!

http://www.pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=6263.msg51802#msg51802
  • PokerJim.

I actually won it. And was not one of the 88 preselelcted I went down early lined up and played.
  • Damn I would have come if I was assured of playing. It was to early for this "POOR WHITE BOY DOWN ON HIS LUCK :D" to head downtown and not only not play but have to wait for my ride to finish playing! I didn't think the odds were there...lol :wav:
  • AcidJoe wrote:
    PokerJim. 

I actually won it.   And was not one of the 88 preselelcted I went down early lined up and played. 

Good work! What table did you start on? did you know the other two players you shared to prize money with? I got nailed by the river and was knocked out early. Such is the game of poker.

PokerJim
  • In the first round I was at table 20. I didn't know the other 2 at all. 3rd place guy was wearing a playboy shirt and the other guy apparently this was his first tourney. IN the semi's I was at table 3.