Anyone Else experience this?

I have been playing online for about 1 year. I initially started with Party, then switched to Stars and have played it exclusively for the last 10 months. This evening I decided to explore Party again after hearing and reading about the soft play at the site.

Anyways, made my deposit and cashed out after 90 minutes. I CANNOT STAND there software in comparison to Stars. Ring game and SNGs interfaces are so cluttered, the "slider bar" used for betting is clunky, and I find that they don't add in the bets of the current round to pot size quirky.

I will be the first to admit, in the short time I played I found the play to be quite soft, and the best hand after the flop seemed to hold with more regularlity (small sample, i realize) but I am not sure I can handle the software. Anyone else experience this? What other sites have software similar in interface to Stars? Not much content here I realize but just want to hear your thoughts

thanks
Jay

Comments

• I have been clearing bonuses at party and absolute as of late (due to PSO gifts, as well as the bonus they give), but PS is still my number one choice for software and how stable their program is. I think I'm like you, that I have grown completely used to PS that the others don't really match up quality wise. I will play on occasions to clear reload bonuses and all that, but PS is my home. Only if they have more bonuses (clearing the 25% right now)
  • You get used to it if the game is good...
  • I don't think its profitable to picks sites cause you think they are pretty, or have nice buttons.

I left Party, went to Stars/Absolute/Paradise for the past year. Back at Party now and loving it.
    I couldn't give a shit what the software is like, as long as the pot is getting shoved to me.

I can't stand Paradise's software...but, if my money comes out of Party...its headed over there.

D
  • I don't think its profitable to picks sites cause you think they are pretty, or have nice buttons

although.... if the software is causing you to not play as well as you are capable of (ie: slow software, causing you to be impatient, or the colour red makes your eyes bleed, etc...) then play where you feel comfortable.

I like software that moves fast. If I can get more hands/hour, then it may be worth more $/hr for me to play at a site that speeds along.

Then again, if I'm a losing player, I might want to pick a slow site...
  • Hork42 wrote:
    although.... if the software is causing you to not play as well as you are capable of (ie: slow software, causing you to be impatient, or the colour red makes your eyes bleed, etc...) then play where you feel comfortable.

Valid point.
  • I used to feel the same way as you did about Party Poker, I joined party to get a deposit bonus last year after playing on Ultimate Bet for close to a year. I hated the UI at first, but you get used to it. They key thing about Party Poker, a lot more terrible poker players then any other site out there. I have made almost 6K on party poker in the last 11 months, I play 3-6, 5-10 and 10-20, and if you play smart you will win a lot more then you lose on Party. Sure we all have a bad run of cards once in a while, but for me, there is no no way in hell I am leaving Party Poker, in the end it is about the money, not the graphics.
  • Wolffhound wrote:
    I don't think its profitable to picks sites cause you think they are pretty, or have nice buttons.

I left Party, went to Stars/Absolute/Paradise for the past year.  Back at Party now and loving it.
    I couldn't give a shit what the software is like, as long as the pot is getting shoved to me.

Yahoooo, bang on brother!!!!
  • All good points. I think someone hit the nail on the head when they said that if the software is causing you to play bad that is a concern. That may have been the case in this instance. I was getting impatient, rammy etc. Is there such thing as "software tilt" :D.

Lesson learned. I will go back and give it a shot, as it sounds like this is the site for soft play.

Thanks
    Jay