$10 + 1 back at it again

Stars 7:45 10+1 1st/20 again.

Comments

• Another 2nd.  Was way behnd when we got heads up and I donked up a hand I think.  however it might not have mattered since on the last hand we were getting it all-in regardless and he drew out. At least he was a fellow newf.
  • Good job. How many of these have you finished in the final table thus far?
  • i watched you play this last table very good playing
  • westside8 wrote:
    Good job.  How many of these have you finished in the final table thus far?

A first and 2 2nds, I have been lucky lately.
  • Grats! :) I am still after my first top 100 placing.... Tried 2 more tournaments last night, got about 1/2 way in both. I'll just keep trying.
  • Just keep trying and work on your game when you can. Eventually if you're playing well the cards have to falll your way.
  • The thing is, I am killing the 3-6 and 5-10 tables.. I just suck at dealing with the escalating blinds in tournaments I guess. I am sticking to the 10+1 to get more tournament exp.
  • ring games and tourneys are different beasts..

good job sir
  • the_main wrote:
    ring games and tourneys are different beasts..

I think most authors and almost everyone here believes this.

Using the same strategies in both, only leads to both of your games suffering.
    Going Low-
    Pick the one you are most successful at, continue to kill the game...and use some of your profits to dabble and take stabs at the other.  (personally I don't think you can go wrong reading Harrington's 1/2)

Congrats Sir Watts on another great run...this latest semester of school seems to be agreeing with you.
  • If I can get the school going as well as the $11 tournaments.... Kidding i actually hadn't played a single hand of poker during the week between these last 2 scores because I was doing school work. I'm pretty sure losing scholarships would be seriously -EV....
  • Good clear thinking Sir Watts