deck of cards

treditionally how many deck of cards is used in holdem?/

Comments

• Anonymous wrote:
    treditionally how many deck of cards is used in holdem?/

You use one deck of cards to deal in the game of hold em. You can switch decks, but only one is in use at one time.
  • One deck is used for play in all standard poker games.

ScottyZ
  • One deck, but rules state that you are allowed to add 4 extra Aces into the deck.

Just joking :P
  • Wasn't it an extra King of diamonds that was allowed in this year's WSOP? :)

ScottyZ
  • funny thing happened to me the other day.
    a second queen popped up mid-game.
    not sure how long it's been there, but it makes me wonder about the guys i've been playing with... :?:
  • RoyalFlush wrote:
    One deck, but rules state that you are allowed to add 4 extra Aces into the deck.

Just joking :P

possible 5 of a KIND :lol:
  • Would 5 of a kind beat a Royal Flush? :wink:

i say YES :shock:

There is no standard answer to this question. Since there are no standard poker games where 5 of a kind is possible, this would be a house rule. If you're ever playing with wild cards, you'll have to get an agreement on this before the game starts.

Also with wild cards, some people like to use "natruals" as a tie-breaker. That is, some people would say that

A-A-A-Joker-K

beats

Ah-Joker-Joker-Joker-Ks

instead of being a split pot. That's another house rule.

There isn't really any standard set of rules for games with wild cards, so you'll need to ask about these rules if your new in a home game, or try to tell new people about them if you're the host.

ScottyZ