getting started - credit card provider won't authorize transaction

Hey guys.

I've tried to create accounts on two separate online poker sites but my credit card provider won't authorize the transactions. Has anyone else also experienced this problem? I know that gambling is illegal in Canada for the most part, but I thought that offshore on-line poker sites got around this general prohibition.

Comments

• Hi i aslo ran into this problem it seems that credit card companies do not want to take the risk of having to pay out fraud and most are not allowing depoists anymore. both my mastercards will not but visa will so i switched to them.
  • Sometimes the institution the issued the credit card has certain places that they will not allow their card to be used. I know that Royal Bank will not allow transactions to be made with gambling sites, so it could just be that the bank that issued your card has placed a block on a transaction from being made.
  • I had the same problem, but if the site allows you to, use Neteller. Have had no problems, and instant transactions.

www.neteller.com
  • You can also use the site www.usemybank.com to transfer directly from a CDN bank account.
  • I've found lately my CC doesnt work with neteller either! I have to take funds out of my poker accounts or use ETF to get cash into my neteller.