PartyPoker has split from the Skins...

Also they have added blackjack and a prop bet option, as well as dealmaking in tournaments.

Comments

• INSANITY!
  • Dealmaking is good. The rest is bad. I learned how to get rid of those annoying 'sidebet' and 'blackjack' buttons, from a post on RGP. I tried it and it works:

Go into C:\Program Files\PartyPoker\Images

Rename table_bj_button.jpg to Xtable_bj_button.jpg.

Rename SideBetBG.jpg XSideBetBG.jpg.

Restart the client. Voila! The buttons are gone.
  • So do they now allow top 2 to split?
  • ummmm... Is this reeeeeally bad for people getting rakeback on a skin? Not at home now but this sounds terrible
  • yup... a quick glance on 2+2 shows that this is very bad news. Where am I going to lose all my tournament winnings playing cash games now???? :'(
  • all_aces wrote:
    Dealmaking is good.  The rest is bad. 
    Restart the client.  Voila!  The buttons are gone.

I agree. With my Pokertracker icons on top the table was just way too cluttered. Thanks for the info. Buttons gone...
  • jurys still out on whether this is the dumbest or smartest thing party has ever done
  • Btw the odds on correctly calling a red suited flop (or black) are 8.51:1, obviously this is a moneymaker for PP. Not sure what that or the BJ button has to do with poker though.
  • I guess while your busy folding you can be playing BJ.
  • The thing I don't understand is why the hell didn't they send an e mail to their players. Posting on the 2 + 2 forum is fine but as a person with a party account why couldn't they send an e mail explaining? As a player to read something on this forum and have to go to another forum is ridiculous.
  • Were people playing on Empire or Party...where are you guys going now?

Moose and Sir Watts...can you whore both now?
  • Where are the fish now? Ie. if I have a rakeback deal on one of the skins is it still going to be worthwhile to play, or have these games likely dried up?
  • I was on Party playing a mini-step tourney.  One person was eliminated at the time so they sent me a refund plus divided up the entry fee of the ousted player amongst the remaining players.  Bonus!

Then they set me another $10 as compensation.  Sweet.  Combined with All_Aces suggestion of how to turn off the stupid new buttons, I see no difference from before.  lol.

To top it off, the only reason I was back on Party was that I had deposited the night before to take advantage of the 20% bonus they sent me.  Cleared that in one night, with profits, took my money out and had it back in Neteller less than 24 hours after putting it into Party.  Now I am freerolling with their money on the mini-steps and the Shootout tourneys.

Haven't seen the bot killer yet though... :'(

Then after the Party shutdown on Sat I needed a place to play so I took my money and put it into Absolute to grab their 25% bonus.  Two bonuses within 24 hours, with the same money.  That is bonus whoring at its best my friends...

Plus a deposit of $500 or more gets you an entry into their $1500 VIP freeroll. Just email them and ask for an entry.

Speaking of freerolls, Canadian Poker Player magazine hosts one each month on Absolute. Go to their website and sign up for it.

Next up, Paradise poker through PSO.  Haven't decided if I'll take the PSO points ($90) or the Nevada Jacks chip set ($200 - $80+ for UPS brokerage fees).

You thinking of doing that Wolffhound?
  • It seems that the Eurobet and Empire games are mostly good players that were there for the rakeback, and even with rakeback they aren't worth playing now without the party fish. Most people are moving onto party since the games there are still weak as ever. I think I heard something about being able to get rakeback on party now but the %'s are lower than you could get on the skins, but I'm not sure. i think I'm gonna switch to just SNGs and MTTs on Stars for a while until the situation gets figured out.
  • moose,

I did the Paradise on PSO...I kinda got screwed on it...but, the indicated it was my fault. Still fans of theirs though. Free shit is always good.

Thanks for the heads up on the Canadian Poker Player tourney, I'm registered for it now to.

What's your username on AP? Not surprisingly, mine is Wolffhound
  • ScoobyD wrote:
    Where are the fish now?  Ie. if I have a rakeback deal on one of the skins is it still going to be worthwhile to play, or have these games likely dried up? 

to be quite honest, ive noticed the party games have gotten softer since the split in the 15/30 to 30/60 limits. im having no problem finding 6+ tables to play on.
  • Thanks for the tip Devin...but... my wife lost my cash plaiyng Blackjack from the main lobby by hitting the button there.. here is how to remove it...

Rename lobby_bj_button.jpg to Xlobby_bj_button.jpg.

Damn.. thought I had all the angles covered to keep her away from those house games...

Pokerkid
    all_aces wrote:
    Dealmaking is good. The rest is bad. I learned how to get rid of those annoying 'sidebet' and 'blackjack' buttons, from a post on RGP. I tried it and it works:

• I think I am cdnmoose or cdnmoose05 or cdnmoose04 something like that. I have so many different accounts on different sites I lose track.
  • Hey, how do you get rid of the Blackjack button?

Should I go into C:\Program Files\PartyPoker\Images and rename lobby_bj_button.jpg to Xlobby_bj_button.jpg?

ScottyZ
    Thanks for the tip Devin...but... my wife lost my cash plaiyng Blackjack from the main lobby by hitting the button there.. here is how to remove it...

Rename lobby_bj_button.jpg to Xlobby_bj_button.jpg.

Damn.. thought I had all the angles covered to keep her away from those house games...

Pokerkid
    all_aces wrote:
    Dealmaking is good. The rest is bad. I learned how to get rid of those annoying 'sidebet' and 'blackjack' buttons, from a post on RGP. I tried it and it works: