Monster or Bluffing?

3/6 on Party. Didn't get hand history, but I remember the hand pretty well.

I'm on the button. 9Qo, 1 limper, I limp, SB fold, BB check

Board comes 77Q.

BB check, limper check, I raise, BB reraise (what does he have?), limper fold, I call

Turn and River both rags (3 and 6), BB checkraise on all streets. He is a loose player-aggressive but selective player. Often bluffs in obvious situation. I was putting him on high flush draw (2 suited card on board) or overcards (AK or AJ). Just wondering what everyone thinks he has.

Hand history shows he had AJo

Was my play correct to lead out and call on each street?

Comments

• Well, when he checkraises the flop, you may possibly pause for concern (Q or 7) but then I think, why would he checkraise me on the flop. Why not on the turn. So I call.
    S/he checks the turn, I have to lead out, CR again, I call. River whatever it is, I have to cry call thinkings its possibly good!
  • I don't think i lead i bet on the river, since i've been checkraised on both the flop and turn. I call the river if he bets but i can't really bet in that spot.
  • Muck that piece of cheese pre-flop. Playing garbage like that will get you in a lot of trouble and is a huge mistake.

Hammer
  • Fold or raise preflop.
  • BBC Z wrote:
    Fold or raise preflop.

Depending on the limper's range. If he is very loose you figure to have the best hand and can try to isolate with position. Otherwise just muck it. Q9 is good enough for a blind steal from the button but doesn't have much value in a 4-way pot, even in position. I don't think I'm firing again on the river in this hand, though maybe there's value in it if you know he'll play a bluff this way and will bluff you again. Getting trifecta'd here would suck.
  • I don't know if this is a dumb move but if this guy check raises on the flop and turn and you can't be certain where you stand (a lot of hands have you beat here) why not check the river, you can't loose anymore money.

Actually after the first check raise, if he doesn't come out firing I would think that move is suspect. I would play very carefully around this and, why risk chips when you don't have too.

I have found that typically with flush draws some bozo's contantly re-raise to insure a PAYDAY if they hit, but if you catch him when he missed, its all good.

I hope my random thoughts help....

Just my two cents.
  • Preflop - Fold. If you're first in on the button, you can consider raising for a blinds steal, but not with a limper.

Flop - Bet. Call a raise with the intention of folding on the turn if you don't improve.

Turn - Check

River - Check/Fold