An interesting satellite.

PokerStars Tournament #13241070, No Limit Hold'em
Super Satellite
Buy-In: $36.00/$3.00
77 players
Total Prize Pool: $2772.00
Target Tournament #12955831 Buy-In: $200.00/$15.00
12 tickets to the target tournament

I managed to win myself a seat, but the interesting part was my stats, wonder if anyone else has had a tourney like this

189 hands played and saw flop:
- 4 times out of 24 while in small blind (16%)
- 11 times out of 25 while in big blind (44%)
- 11 times out of 140 in other positions (7%)
- a total of 26 times out of 189 (13%)

Pots won at showdown - 0 out of 5 (0%)
Pots won without showdown - 35

I never once showed down a winning hand the entire tournament. Every pot, every chip i won was generated by betting, (technically some did come came from the small blind folding into my big.) The point is i found it quite surreal, seeing those stats. ... and oh yah don't mess with my big blind :)

I was really agressive once down to about 18-20 people and blinds of 100-200, i was a shortstack and essentially bullied my way from there to a medium and then decent stack but once we reached 200-400 i slowed down, more because the blinds were big enough to create pressure and may result in a call.

Comments

• never have i seen that .... but seldom do i look

i suppose after 190hands its not that crazy, but rare im sure
  • thats eerie. gl on sunday sir

if only it were always so easy
  • i suppose this also renders the whole theory of being 'carddead' rather useless
  • actually won't be playing sunday, travelling at that time.

main that's exactly the point, just makes you realize how NL is a different beast. I'm sure it's an unlikely occurance but one that is likely only possible in NL
  • the_main wrote:
    i suppose this also renders the whole theory of being 'carddead' rather useless

i think the fact that none of us have ever seen anything like this before supports the carddead theory a bit. Not to mention your opponent is less likely to have a hand when you do.