Have I gone insane?

PokerStars Game #2721243919: Tournament #13241626, Hold'em No Limit - Level IX (300/600) - 2005/10/03 - 22:01:48 (ET)
Table '13241626 61' Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: shahnuli (6966 in chips)
Seat 2: ferrari360M (12860 in chips)
Seat 3: AUauditor (7140 in chips)
Seat 4: highmoose (2995 in chips)
Seat 5: SirWatts (6725 in chips)
Seat 6: cams (3866 in chips)
Seat 7: Miku (5047 in chips)
Seat 8: montanatech_ (4111 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 9: Howie9161 (18085 in chips)
shahnuli: posts the ante 50
ferrari360M: posts the ante 50
AUauditor: posts the ante 50
highmoose: posts the ante 50
SirWatts: posts the ante 50
cams: posts the ante 50
Miku: posts the ante 50
montanatech_: posts the ante 50
Howie9161: posts the ante 50
highmoose: posts small blind 300
SirWatts: posts big blind 600
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SirWatts [Js 4h]
cams: folds
Miku: folds
montanatech_: folds
Howie9161: folds
shahnuli: folds
ferrari360M: folds
AUauditor: folds
highmoose: raises 2345 to 2945 and is all-in
SirWatts: calls 2345

I knew he would push with any 2 cards from a previous hand.

Comments

• I wouldn't say insane for calling with J4o. maybe the just loose.

IMHO, let him have the $900.oo in blinds and get him next time, but I'm tighter then a nun on Sunday..

What did he have 72o or AA?

JohnnieH
  • Still in same tournament, 10/40 remaining, can I take down another 7:45 $10 buy-in on Stars??
  • Shortstack at FT. 8th of 8 remaining.
  • Well done to finish second.
    Missed the heads up part though.
  • westside8 wrote:
    Well done to finish second.
    Missed the heads up part though.
    Congrats. I watched it then stepped away, then saw you lost a 1.8 million chip pot.

When you were short stacked, you played a mean short stack getting all your chips in when you were ahead and not being overagressive (ie not repopping the SB raise with K9 on the BB, but instead seeing a flop and calling all in on 9 high flop). But when it got heads up, you sort of went a bit reckless on the major hands. Your opponent was playing crazy loose, but that makes it even better for you because you can get all your money in when you're probably the clear favourite (ie middle to high pocket pair or a big ace). But you sort of called off his 23xmin all with K9o. He was mostly raising all in post flop, if you checked it to him. And he was folding if you raised min. You could easily pull a ROPE A DOPE maneuver on him. And then the last hand, you raised min with K9o, he repopped it up putting you all in 12x more. I wasn't there the whole time, so I may not have had a read like you did, but from his general play, it looked like you just had to sit back and he would eventually donk out all his chips to you or suck out on you when you got it all in with the best of it.
  • daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammit.  rivered on a coinfip HU when I had him 2.5:1 or so and then he just kept going all-in like every 2nd hand, he always had a pair or an ace it was insane.  Finally I didn't want to be ground down anymore so i called with K9s and he had the ace again with A7.  No help comes and I go to bed in 2nd :-(.  He was playing really recklessly but I didn't pick up anything to trap with.  I should have been a little more patient but so it goes...  When blinds are big you gotta put em in at some point.
  • had him 1.8M to 700K or so, all-in K9 vs 77, flop 9TJ, turn J, river 8. Then he keeps going all-in a lot with any ace any pair (and showing). Finally I'm at about 800K and raise from the button with K9s and he goes over the top all-in yet again. I decide to call (probably not a good decision) andhe shows A7o. I lose the race and that's it.
  • another nice run Sir Watts!
  • You're basically right Tillter. The only problem is that you can get ground down pretty quickly if you wait for the perfect chance to trap, in my experience it's better to take say a 60-40 right away then wait for a better spot when you've already lost a whole bunch of chips folding to his raises. I have no problem with my first call with K9 since it looked like he was pushing any 2. However since he was showing his hands all the time after that I should have known not to call the 2nd all-in. But damn he had a crap load of aces/pairs, I just had to wait it out though.
  • Oh in OP villian shows 84o and I have him dominated. I flop a jack and the flat tire rolls over him.
  • SirWatts wrote:
    Oh in OP villian shows 84o and I have him dominated. I flop a jack and the flat tire rolls over him.

Cool. Nice finish.
  • Why do people do this if they don't have a significant over all players.

Last night at a SNG I was down to 500, 50/100 blinds I get JJ UTG I go all in and Everyone calls.

4 Callers, BB reraises and other fold.

He turns up 8d3h.

Why ... why ... why ... would he double...er...triple....er... quadruple me up???

I went from dead last to second.

I am not complaining, but I really can't understand the rationale.
  • Shook wrote:
    Why ... why ... why ... would he double...er...triple....er... quadruple me up???

I went from dead last to second.

I am not complaining, but I really can't understand the rationale.
    Best thing you can do is say "Thanks, Dad!". And he can reply "Merry Xmas!"

You see these plays all the time. These guys are great at your table if you can isolate them. Mark him down as an action junkie.
  • Nice work man.

keep it up