$2 buy-in tourney on stars. wsop it's not lol

1200+ entered. No rebuys.

526 left. My stack is about 1.5 of the average. Lost 3000 on a couple badly played hands. Made it back in 2 all-ins right before break, which we're on now. lol The guy I took it from, took about the same amount from another guy 2 hands later. lol Lot's of action at this table. I'll update until I'm out. 1st pays $615 btw. Pays down to 99th?

gotta go

Comments

• DJP what's your Stars name again? I'm currently in the $10 rebuy tourney, 147 of 438 remaining. I'll come check out your table.

GL,
    all_aces
  • As an aside, when I pressed 'submit' to submit that last post I folded As Ks preflop because the screen all of a sudden popped up. LOL. Hope that's not the turning point...
  • Great job guys! I'm going to go and watch u guys. Good luck! :D
  • table 1668579 146
    stars name is djep

Brutal luck. I get moved to a table with 4 guys over 10k, when I'm at 3k. They obviously were stealing blinds until I showed up. One hand went by before they started on me. I defended, and lost, a few times. Then I went into rock mode and waited for a turning point. Made 2 all-ins and clawed my way back, also stealing some of their blinds too. lol Up to 6881 now. Getting more respect at table too. lol Average is 9000k though. Gonna have to get agressive. Down to 189 left. more......
  • First 5 or 6 hands. Was up to 12k, now down to 8k lol
  • lol we suck DJP!!! j/k

Fun hanging with you and HellmuthFan and Scotty on Stars. I just barely made the money and won $24 profit. I plan to put the $24 straight into RRSP's.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Very fun to watch both of you play. You guys played well and should be very happy. Congrats on making it into the money all aces. Tough running into big slick at the end there :x :wink:
  • Yeah I had 10 times the BB (40K) so I guess I didn't have to shove it all in there preflop with AQ, but it was getting close to where I'd have to do something like that.

Live and learn... I shoulda waited one or (maybe) two more rounds.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Oh well. I noticed that everyone was always folding your pre-flop raises. I would have been nice if you caught someone with A-J or even K-Q who didn't believe you had hands. I thought you played great at that table.
  • Tough one ace, you had a big stack going. Was fun to watch that for awhile though.

My game went south too. After I got moved to the pot stealing table, they picked on me for a few hands, and I went rock. I doubled up on two hands, and was up to 12k. Then stole a few of their blinds for effect too. (right there I should have shifted gears to rock again) Knew the streak wouldn't last. Few bad bets put me to 8k. About the time I hit 6k, into the room walks all_aces, and hellmuthfan. Got a shyte run of cards and was whittled down to 3k. Made a few moves, but the blinds and the large stackers took me out.
    Missed the money by about 18 positions. (I'm out $2) lol

PS, nice to have a cheering section. I think it threw off the table for a hand or two. lol
  • is there a way to stop the pokerstar program from popping up?.?i am pretty sure everyone has experience this problem
  • Popping up when it's not even on?

or

Popping open news windows while you are playing?

If it's the 2nd one, you might try disabling javascript in your browser preferences. (that kills most of them) Test it out on the play money tables first though, just to make sure disabling it won't mess with the rest of the game features.
  • Well done AA & DJP .............I was trying to qualify for the million tourny at PP.
    Got heads up & played for what seemed like hours with a very tight player. He was Very good ! Was not to be & I came in 2nd (First Loser!)
    I think AA is talking about the action screen ..Fold - Bet - ect , popping up when you are surfing the web & hitting a button by mistake. I have done this as well & it is a danger & can be costly !!
  • is there a way to stop the pokerstar program from popping up?.?i am pretty sure everyone has experience this problem

I've never had any problems with PokerStars in relation to pop-ups or the client somehow starting itself.

ScottyZ
  • Oh OK, gotcha now. In the poker software preferences or options, somewhere there will be a choice titled "force table to front" or words to that effect. It will be checked. Simply uncheckmark it.

PS,
    Forgot to mention the good news for my poker stake. 8) I bought 3 tickets for $5 in a 50/50 cash draw at work last week. Found out this morning I made $170. lmao
  • Just noticed The_Gamblar entered in same Stars $3 tourney as me. Good luck bud. Let's meet at the final table OK? lol

I'll post my table # at the break, if I'm still in. Gotta go. It's on.
  • Break, my a$$. lol I never made it to the first blind increase. lmao
    That hasn't happened in ages. My first big play was a 9,10o heads up against pocket A's. I'd figured him for a lower pair. I was wrong. lol He was shorter stacked against 3 larger stacks. Long story short he won 2/3 of my stack. I went into rock mode for a few hands and got a AKo, and went all in after turn with 4 betters. (Ks, Qd, ?s ?o)(? = low cards) All fold but 1. Guy catches his flush on the river. I'm toast. No pressure but.....

Go Gamblar. lol